Dirty Old Shed...A New HDR

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Who can resist exploring a rickety dirty old shed? You never know what kind of things you might find (or may not want to find ;-)). C&C always welcome as usual. Thanks for looking! :)

dirty_old_shed_websave.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

NJ

WOW I love it I wish I knew how to do HDR the final product is always so powerful!

I love it, how do you achieve that cartoony look? Know of any online guides that I could learn from? I've tried HDR before but mine never comes out as good as that.

WOW I love it I wish I knew how to do HDR the final product is always so powerful!

Thanks photofiend. I appreciate your comments very much!

I love it, how do you achieve that cartoony look? Know of any online guides that I could learn from? I've tried HDR before but mine never comes out as good as that.

Hi Timmaaaay,
Thanks. It is sort of a different process every time. It depends on how you want to do the tone mapping after the HDR merge. There have been some good HDR tutorials posted on the forum already. Here are a couple that come to mind:

http://www.popphoto.com/howto/3038/how-to-create-high-dynamic-range-images.html

http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79744

Hope this helps. :)

Another cool HDR NJ! The one thing that takes away from it for me is the red building behind. Inside the shed looks like a cool sketch but the red building still looks like a photo. Just my opinion, still think you did a killer job.

Another cool HDR NJ! The one thing that takes away from it for me is the red building behind. Inside the shed looks like a cool sketch but the red building still looks like a photo. Just my opinion, still think you did a killer job.

I second that. So is that red building different on purpose? just curious.

pascal

I know the chair is obviously the focal point, but my eye keeps goign to the red building in the background. The foreground is wonderfully gritty, but that red is just so distracting. If that window was blown like the door, I think you would have been golden.

I second that. So is that red building different on purpose? just curious.

pascal

No reason why the red building is different. It just kinda came out that way in the tone mapping. To be honest, I didnt really notice it was that much of the difference, but I can see what you mean. Thanks for commenting!

I know the chair is obviously the focal point, but my eye keeps goign to the red building in the background. The foreground is wonderfully gritty, but that red is just so distracting. If that window was blown like the door, I think you would have been golden.

I can definitely see your point. Thanks for the good critique. Thats exactly what I need. Thanks! :)

Most reactions

Back