mjcmt

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looks like it's mostly DX and D lenses. My 35/1.8G, 24/1.8G, and 70-300P are not on the list. I knew my 180/2.8 was discontinued a long time ago.
I am surprised the 105/2.8 VRII Micro is on the list. I'm hoping for one and that explains why used ones are so expensive.

ac12

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was bummed when I saw the 16-80/2.8-4 missing from the Nikon-USA list of lenses.
That would have been the next DX lens, if I stayed in F-DX.

Rickbb

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well two of mine are on there, but on the bright side they should hold a higher resell value. If I ever sell them, which I doubt will happen.

RAZKY

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
A measure of Nikon's turn toward MILCs?

Looks like it's mostly DX and D lenses. My 35/1.8G, 24/1.8G, and 70-300P are not on the list. I knew my 180/2.8 was discontinued a long time ago.
I am surprised the 105/2.8 VRII Micro is on the list. I'm hoping for one and that explains why used ones are so expensive.
"D" lens?? Every autofocus Nikkor since 1992 has the D-chip, whether it is indicated in the nomenclature or not, so is a so-called "D" lens.

RAZKY

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wouldn't expect any sensible company to continue making a product which has little demand.

Old Skool

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am surprised the 105/2.8 VRII Micro is on the list.
I think to see this one go really signals the end. I have everything I need to keep using DSLR's and the F mount as I do not wish to go mirrorless.
Made my final F mount purchase of a 2x converter for the 105 lens. No more buying cameras or lenses for me, only enjoying what I have.

mjcmt

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think to see this one go really signals the end. I have everything I need to keep using DSLR's and the F mount as I do not wish to go mirrorless.
Made my final F mount purchase of a 2x converter for the 105 lens. No more buying cameras or lenses for me, only enjoying what I have.
I'm keeping my simple yet good kit too, and not switching over. I'm 70 so lot's of years even a decade left for me to keep taking photos w/ my DSLR. Sometime I'll add the 105 micro and that's it for me. I can see getting a compact camera down the road...4/3, crop, who knows.

mjcmt

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
"D" lens?? Every autofocus Nikkor since 1992 has the D-chip, whether it is indicated in the nomenclature or not, so is a so-called "D" lens.
True, but the lenses listed as D (like NIkkor AF 50.1.4D) is what I'm referring to as being discontinued.

RAZKY

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
True, but the lenses listed as D (like NIkkor AF 50.1.4D) is what I'm referring to as being discontinued.
That lens was discontinued in 2008.

Strodav

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looks like they are discontinuing older stuff, but you can still find a lot of it used at great prices. I spend too much money at KEH.com

mrca

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Most of my nikon glass is from the mid 90's with low elements and using lead in the glass formula. I long ago sold most of my newer Nikon glass but still use the 24-70 2.8 which is the lens that has made photographers more money than any other. And this glass works on 2 nikon film cameras as well.

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
They discontinue one model and introduce an upgrade all the time.

RAZKY

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lack of demand. It's been replaced by the Z mount version.
Right. Those were discontinued well over 20 years ago.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics