Disappearing Nikon DSLR Lenses

Looks like it's mostly DX and D lenses. My 35/1.8G, 24/1.8G, and 70-300P are not on the list. I knew my 180/2.8 was discontinued a long time ago.
I am surprised the 105/2.8 VRII Micro is on the list. I'm hoping for one and that explains why used ones are so expensive.

I was bummed when I saw the 16-80/2.8-4 missing from the Nikon-USA list of lenses.
That would have been the next DX lens, if I stayed in F-DX.

Well two of mine are on there, but on the bright side they should hold a higher resell value. If I ever sell them, which I doubt will happen.

A measure of Nikon's turn toward MILCs?

Looks like it's mostly DX and D lenses. My 35/1.8G, 24/1.8G, and 70-300P are not on the list. I knew my 180/2.8 was discontinued a long time ago.
I am surprised the 105/2.8 VRII Micro is on the list. I'm hoping for one and that explains why used ones are so expensive.
"D" lens?? Every autofocus Nikkor since 1992 has the D-chip, whether it is indicated in the nomenclature or not, so is a so-called "D" lens.

I wouldn't expect any sensible company to continue making a product which has little demand.

I am surprised the 105/2.8 VRII Micro is on the list.
I think to see this one go really signals the end. I have everything I need to keep using DSLR's and the F mount as I do not wish to go mirrorless.
Made my final F mount purchase of a 2x converter for the 105 lens. No more buying cameras or lenses for me, only enjoying what I have.

I think to see this one go really signals the end. I have everything I need to keep using DSLR's and the F mount as I do not wish to go mirrorless.
Made my final F mount purchase of a 2x converter for the 105 lens. No more buying cameras or lenses for me, only enjoying what I have.
I'm keeping my simple yet good kit too, and not switching over. I'm 70 so lot's of years even a decade left for me to keep taking photos w/ my DSLR. Sometime I'll add the 105 micro and that's it for me. I can see getting a compact camera down the road...4/3, crop, who knows.

"D" lens?? Every autofocus Nikkor since 1992 has the D-chip, whether it is indicated in the nomenclature or not, so is a so-called "D" lens.
True, but the lenses listed as D (like NIkkor AF 50.1.4D) is what I'm referring to as being discontinued.

True, but the lenses listed as D (like NIkkor AF 50.1.4D) is what I'm referring to as being discontinued.
That lens was discontinued in 2008.

That lens was discontinued in 2008.
Exactly it's on the list of 35 lens. Mostly DX and D lenses on the list. Latest G lenses seem safe for now.

Looks like they are discontinuing older stuff, but you can still find a lot of it used at great prices. I spend too much money at KEH.com

Most of my nikon glass is from the mid 90's with low elements and using lead in the glass formula. I long ago sold most of my newer Nikon glass but still use the 24-70 2.8 which is the lens that has made photographers more money than any other. And this glass works on 2 nikon film cameras as well.

They discontinue one model and introduce an upgrade all the time.

Lack of demand. It's been replaced by the Z mount version.
Right. Those were discontinued well over 20 years ago.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back