Disaster Newborn Shoot

AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was finishing up my last shot of the session when all of a sudden I got a CF Error message on my camera and it appeared as though all of the images we had just spent an hour and a half taking had disappeared.:shock:
So I told them we had to retake all of the ones we could remember just in case I couldn't get them off of the card. Of course, the retakes are never as good. I felt so unprofessional and disappointed. I ended up taking off 75% of the session fee because I felt so bad that they had to redo the images.
Then I went home and was able to retrieve about 80% of the original images. YAY! Here are a few from that session...
Meier-3_filtered.jpg

Meier-12_filtered-BW.jpg

Meier-8_filtered.jpg

Meier-6_filtered-BW.jpg

Meier-26_filtered-BW.jpg

This last one is my favorite from the session...
Meier-9_filtered-BW.jpg

Glad you were able to recover the images! Too bad about the lost profit, but at least the client is happy (I assume). They look good!

Nice job April. Great images. I've had that dreaded CF error too :) I used BadCopy Pro to recover 100% of my images.

Thanks you guys. I had a different card go beserk on me once before, but it was such a long time ago. And it wasn't during a paid photoshoot. Did it happen to you during a paid shoot? I just didn't know what to do. I think I handled it well, but it really sucked! I'm just glad it didn't happen at a wedding. I definitely would have flipped out then...

I shoot for a local sports club (I'm a member and usually do it free). Sonot paid but important shots. THe club paid for the software (even though I screwed up)

I felt so unprofessional and disappointed.

It's OK to feel disappointed but by no means are you unprofessional. Bad things happen, you gave them a reduced price, and I hope both sides are happy. That shows me professionalism and credibility. I can't think of two better qualities to have.

Nice shots.

Most reactions

Back