Disc Golf

vonDrehle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know if anyone here plays disc golf but if you haven't heard of it it's a very fun game to play.

Here are some shots I got at the 2006 United States Disc Golf Championship at Winthrop University. I am just now adding them to my flickr.

There is a good number of them so I will let you browse them at your own leisure.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vondrehle/

Here is one, the rest are on my flickr.
452246160_5227f75411_o.jpg

Hey - my alma mater! That is a great disc golf course. I could never get into Ultimate Frisbee or any of that - but disc golf was a blast. I've never seen anywhere else to play since I left Rock Hill, though.

Good shot - I like the focus depth, particularly on the disc (though I wish the right arm was clearer).

Great shots! Ive been playing frisbee golf for 10 years now. Theres quite a few good courses across Oregon.

Hey - my alma mater! That is a great disc golf course. I could never get into Ultimate Frisbee or any of that - but disc golf was a blast. I've never seen anywhere else to play since I left Rock Hill, though.

Good shot - I like the focus depth, particularly on the disc (though I wish the right arm was clearer).

Dude!!!! no ultimate frisbee!?!?!?!?!?! :( :( :( ........:( :( :( ... OK I'm done... I think... :( :( :( :( :(. I've been of the opposite actually, I have a hard time getting into frisbe golf.

nice! I play but here in Wisconsin we call it frolfing (frisbee golfing)

Great freeze of action

Cool action shot, I like the arm blur and the ripples on his shirt.

Thanks. And yeah I've been playing for around 9-10 months now and can't get enough of it. I've done a couple tourneys and normally finish top 50%.

Another of the shots I like that I'll post is this one. I like that you can make out the Huk lab logo on the disc and on his shirt.

452246158_b707a44988_o.jpg

So what do ya'll that play throw for the most part?

At my home course I normally carry...
Drivers - Star Wraith, Champion Starfire, 2 Star SL, and Champion Beast
Mid Ranges - 3 DX Rocs, KC Pro Roc, Gator, Buzz
Putters - Pro Rhyno, Soft Wizard

I want to know how you managed to get into both the Master's and the USDGC.

As far as what I'm throwing right now, I'm carrying
Orion LF, Champion Orc, Champion Roadrunner, DX Wraith, Star Valkyrie
Champ Firebird, Champ, star T-bird, Champ Viking, DX Kite
Z-wasp, Z/Esp Buzz, Pro Roc, DX Aero, DX Aviar, DX Rhino.

: ). My dad got practise tickets through work and I got a USDGC ticket from the players pack in the Charlotte Open. They also only cost $5 if I hadn't gotten a free one. Not to mention they are both in driving range so it works out well.

How is the DX Kite? I haven't had a chance to throw one yet.

I got the kite in my prize for a 4th place finish last weekend, and have only thrown it a handful of times. So far my impression is that it isn't nearly as understable as they say, but most of my throws have been nose up, and not very good, so i would advise looking for some advice somewhere else, or give me a few weeks.

Most reactions

Back