Dishonest media headlines

What? You expected a story about Joe Schmoe just walking down the street, minding his own business, and suddenly decided to randomly toss a spear at a cop, who then shot Joe in self defense?

The world wide media in general cannot be trusted to remain unbiased in any context as they will always have an axe to grind.
In the UK the leader of the Labour party has had the most vicious and sustained personal attack of any politician in memory because he challenges the status quo of big business and the privedges they have in UK society at the cost of the rest of the population. The media have an interest in keeping the status quo as they are owned by the very people that Labour are now challenging.
On a side note, does the average American understand the horror the rest of the world feels every time we read about American police killing someone?
Have a look at last years USA figures HERE then compare that to the UK HERE that is USA - 1146 in 2015 against UK - 56 in 26 years

I really despise the way that news media are these days... Over sensationalizing everything, the constant "teasers" with no sign of the actual story they hinted at, sticking their microphones in the faces of victims and their families, saturating us with their lead stories and backing none of it up with any substance. Don't even get me started on their political coverage...

I really despise the way that news media are these days... Over sensationalizing everything, the constant "teasers" with no sign of the actual story they hinted at, sticking their microphones in the faces of victims and their families, saturating us with their lead stories and backing none of it up with any substance. Don't even get me started on their political coverage...
What about political coverage??:biggrin-93:
I sometimes watch Fox news just for the amusement value. I loved John Stewart ripping them apart.

90% of people only read headlines.

It's certainly not the days of Walter Cronkite. These days the media has their own narrative that they want to put out. With the 24 hour news cycle they also have to make the headlines juicy or you won't click on their link.

Media is the most powerful weapon.

90% of people who read/watch news are brainwashed.

I don't believe anything I read.

oh ...yes... I have enough evidence to support my statements.

What about political coverage??:biggrin-93:
I sometimes watch Fox news just for the amusement value. I loved John Stewart ripping them apart.

The correct spelling on that is Fox "news".

Everything is biased. YOUR reality is biased. There is no such thing as unbiased-it just plain isn't possible.

Current media is working against several streams
- Fox news sensationalizing everything
- your online ads sensationalizing everything with teaser headlines "The Cop pulled his gun on an armed robber and you wouldn't believe what happened next ... "
- your not so mainstream (everyone with a cell phone) pushing news out there based on their perspective of what may or may not of actually happened.
- and headline space. (can't summarize the entire thing in a headline, so they want to grab your attention).

after all, it's all about getting you to read their articles, and hopefully see an ad for something and buy it. Then the article writer gets ad subscriber product sales.

It's all about getting your attention to sell you something other than the article.
Reality is thrown to the side.

Everything is biased. YOUR reality is biased. There is no such thing as unbiased-it just plain isn't possible.
Reality ?
I didn't even know you were real.
I thought you were a figment of our online imagination bringing up awesome photos of miniCoopers ?

:)

Reality ?
I didn't even know you were real.
I thought you were a figment of our online imagination bringing up awesome photos of miniCoopers ?

:)

:lol: I appreciate that. But yeah, your reality is colored by what happens to you and how you interpret it. No matter what.

Most reactions

Back