Disowned Swan.

matt-l

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok...some of you may remember the photo i posted of the swan a couple of days ago. Well, a discovery yesterday turned up she was disowned by her parents and now they wont take her back. I called the Animal control/help people and for the age of the baby it wont survive very long. I called and they "Wrote" it down and no one ever did come that day. Called the animal care center and they also "wrote" it down. no one came. My uncle who is a park warden/trapper gave us a number to call it's a private line to the animal care, Haven't called it yet but he said they MIGHT do something about it. If they don't the cygnet will die. Now, it was a big thing that the 3 baby's were hatched. but now that one is disowned and dying, no one wants anything to do about it. If the private line does not work, I'm getting a cardboard box and bringing it home, calling he local paper and the wildlife services and writing a nice "Strong worded" letter to the paper about how much our wildlife services we're so thrilled to have the swans born but now don't want to try and save one.

i just think it's disgusting that they won't even come to look at it. It made the paper that they were born. and if this little one dies. Im going to make sure it makes the paper that no one helped for it.

/Rant.

With the picture you took, if you wrote an article with it, I think it would draw a lot attention.

But it does indeed show one of the hazards of our hobby... It's so easy to want to get a picture of something beautiful without realizing there may be repercussions for the little fellows :(

The thing is Dmitri, i've watched them since they hatched, i would never go to close or touch them. the only way for them to abandon their young is if it were sick, or had the scent of a human on it. It was never to close to me, and never touched by me to get a scent from me, so it was either sick or someone else had gotten close to it and touched it.

After 2 or 3 more phone calls i finally got through, they came down and took the cygnet. I'm writing an artical to the newspaper and sending in some more shots of the cygnet in. hopefully she recovers fine.

Nature is cruel. I hope the little one is strong enough to survive the loss of its parents.

The thing is Dmitri, i've watched them since they hatched, i would never go to close or touch them. the only way for them to abandon their young is if it were sick, or had the scent of a human on it. It was never to close to me, and never touched by me to get a scent from me, so it was either sick or someone else had gotten close to it and touched it.

Too many people do that. "Look at the cute ___!" and they don't realize that they may be causing the cute little _____'s death. I didn't mean to imply that you did so, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. Was meant to be a general statement, not directed at you :bigangel:

After 2 or 3 more phone calls i finally got through, they came down and took the cygnet. I'm writing an artical to the newspaper and sending in some more shots of the cygnet in. hopefully she recovers fine.

Glad they finally came by. I hope the little fellow survives and goes on to get some revenge :lmao:

Too many people do that. "Look at the cute ___!" and they don't realize that they may be causing the cute little _____'s death. I didn't mean to imply that you did so, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. Was meant to be a general statement, not directed at you

i know it wasn't toward me lol

but your right, people don't realize that they could possibly kill what they want to touch because its so cute.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back