Displaying albums properly?

Sparklepaws

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As a photographer I've been running into some aesthetic problems when displaying my photography online. This is probably the most troubling.

So basically if I create an album called "Scenic", and maybe another called "Portraits", I would get a good amount of organization but absolutely no display value. This is because the viewer would be looking at the same type of photo over and over again in a single album (e.g. scenery after scenery after scenery).

I've come up with a number of ways around this, such as making albums based on the date they were taken or specific topic (example: Friday Night Music) that surrounded their creation. Still, this leaves me with very few photos in each album and I end up with TONS of albums.

Does anyone have any creative, informational ways of organizing my online albums so that they're both efficient and pleasing to the eye?

(On a side note, this is my first time here on the forums. I apologize in advance in this is in the wrong category, but it seemed appropriate).

Can you make sub-albums?

For example in the Scenic album you would have several location sub-albums - forest, seashore, desert, nightscapes, etc.

I worry more about the fact that most people don't calibrate their computer display, and/or use browsers that are not color aware.

Yes I could create sub-folders, but it would only be sensible to use such a system for organization. I'm looking for a way to create albums for people to view which will be pleasing to the eye.

My husband actually suggested that I create albums with a specific number of photos in them (for example, 30 photos per album) and then simply arrange them in a way that's not repetitive. So far that seems like the best idea.

I am curious though, are there actually browsers that are color-aware? I've never seen any personally.

Most reactions

Back