Displaying your work on facebook?

arcooke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd like to be able to show off my work on my personal facebook profile.. but I don't want to upload them there for two reasons: quality sucks and it's a pain uploading the same photos to two places (flickr & facebook).

There are a number of flickr apps for facebook, but almost every single one of them has 1 or 2 stars and are broken or have been abandoned

Do you guys have any tips? What do you do?

I'd like to be able to show my friends my work, but don't want to just post a link that will eventually just disappear from my profile/wall.

Probably not what you want, but I use Posterous and it works great.

Gives me a nice blog and allows me to put photos on MANY places at once.

The link in my sig is what I'm talking about - it doesn't put the photos in Facebook but does show them there with a link.

I created a photography page on FB, and for a while was uploading to both flickr and FB. FB really makes the images look like crap, even when resizing them before uploading, so that was the main reason why I stopped uploading to FB. Now I just post the flickr URL of my new photos as a status, for everyone to see maybe not the same publicity as uploading to your FB, but there they can see it in full resolution

Does LR3 have plugins for posting to facebook? I know it can do flickr and smugmug, I assume facebook isn't too much different. If that were the case it would be simple to post the photos to both, and have a link on FB to the high res photo on flickr.

Most reactions

Back