Disposible Camera

ryyback

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

I need someone who has used disposible cameras before to let me know what to look for. We are having a 25 year reunion for our grade school and I would like to put out disposible cameras. But having said that, I need a camera that is good in low light to a degree. We will be indoors.
I was looking at shots from my wedding with the disposibles and the pictures for the most part turned out yukky.
Any help would be great.

You want the ISO 800+ ones.

Thanks all-:)
Was what I kinda thought about the iso

All I know is, with that avatar, you had better be rooting for the Penguins tonight in another hour and a half and not for Ottawa, which is in Ontario, isn't it?

:D

Yes Ottawa is in Ontario-lol. It's the capital of Canada.

I'm a (snif,snif) Leaf fan

So you had bad luck at your wedding with them and you think it was just the particular type of camera you bought. Well that is wrong I have been involved in a few family weddings (2 of wich I shot) that decided against my reccommendation to use this abomination of an idea and in the end every single one of them were completely displaeased. Also I have worked for Ritz for many years and I have not seen too many customers pleased with what they get with them either (especially after they see the bill. If you even just use as few as 10 disposables and they are all filled up and you take them to a place like Ritz to get processed you are talking $200+ for that kind of money you could try to find some starving photography student to shoot your event and get much much better results.

I had the same exact problem from my wedding disposable cameras. I think one of the reasons they turn out so poorly is that people forget to turn the flash on because they are so used to auto flash point and shoot cameras.

Another approach would be to just have people take pictures with their own cameras and set up a way for everyone to share their photos after the events.

I went to a concert that lasted for three days and didn't want to take my "good" camera in case it got ruined... it was EdgeFest 1998 (think a smaller version of woodstock!) I used about 6 disposable cameras and every single photo turned out GREAT! Not because I'm a good photographer.. at least I don't think so... they were the kodak ISO800 disposable ones.. and it wasn't expensive to develop either.. if you're anywhere near a Black's (the best place to take your photos to be developed IMO) take them there. I think I spent a total of 65 bucks on developing... and that's with having them upload all the photos to the internet (don't know if they still offer this service) but I had them do that for my website that I ran for one of the bands that was performing. Also, three of those photos also earned me close to $1500 when I sold them to the local music magazine... so the quality had to be good. :D

ttfn
CDL.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back