Dividing the gallery section into two?

Harpper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've noticed that in the gallery section threads are getting bumped down very quickly. I mean if I miss one day then I've missed a whole set of pictures. I was thinking that it might be a good idea to separate the gallery section into subgroups such as cars, buildings, landscape, etc in one section and something like evening shots, plants, indoors, etc in another. What does everyone think?

I personally think that would be a great idea. I was thinking the same thing as far as it just seems to be such a busy section.... I'm not sure exactly what the best way to break it down would be though. You want to keep the categories fairly broad.

in the past we have tried to instill on the members to try and consolidate their threads...but as the forums grow..we are forced into different way of thinking...any more specific options would be great help!!! keep um coming..

we are here for you guys/girls and we want your experiance to be as awesome as possible..

md

:scratch: we talked about subdividing before by having critique gallery and regular gallery; i see what you are saying about stuff getting bumped back though.

dunno, would have to see what the other mods whould think about this. I personally opt on the side of simplicity - having too many forums could get unwieldy - but it might be a neccessary evil.

I'd rather see the critique forum. I think having multiple categories would be too many forums. Especially from a moderators standpoint. I also doubt many people want to go through a million forums to see all of the gallery postings.

vonnagy said:
:scratch: we talked about subdividing before by having critique gallery and regular gallery; i see what you are saying about stuff getting bumped back though.
voodoocat said:
I'd rather see the critique forum. I think having multiple categories would be too many forums.
I wouldn't mind having a separate critique section as discuss in another thread, but I'm just giving an alternative possibility. I wouldn't mind either way.

I do understand about having too many separate sections and as a reader I wouldn't want to be overwhelmed with that either. I was thinking no more than 2 gallery sections with several broad catergories. Basically list all the most commonly photographed genres and divide them into two sections. Any left over genres can be placed in either gallery.

Anyway, just a suggestion because I think this forum is growing way too big for only a 1 gallery section. I mean it's getting to a point where even though members are basically creating only 1-2 threads it still fills the page quickly.

I'll go with the separate critique section or this idea. I really don't care either way...

Chase said:
oriecat said:
Just tell people to quit posting so much! We don't want to see all those crappy pics anyway! :p :lol:

I am kidding of course... :D

:shock:

:spank: :lmao:
:LOL:

Well, another idea would be to change the number of posts viewed per page. I don't really like this idea because I don't really like scrolling that much but it is a possibility.

Most reactions

Back