DIY Home Water Drop Studio

it can all be done with a cheaper lens timfrommass and without a cable release. i've taken awesome water drop shots with my sigma 70-300 and without a tripod! just used manual focus and after 40 shots, around 5 were amazing.

Oh I'm sure it can be done with a cheaper lens...I was merely commenting on the lens because it was one that was on my radar, and he seems happy with it.

How do you like that 70-300?

-tim

Great shots photox! Kundalini thats a pretty elaborate setup! looks well worth it though. I tried the waterdrops last night and used the ziplock, but the bottle you used in your setup looks like you would get better control. Thanks for the setup pics.

Where did you put the flash??

I hand held it and for most of the shots it was camera left at about a 45* angle to the drip, and about halfway between the drip and camera heightwise.

A couple shots I tried it higher up, didn't seem to make much difference. I think with me shooting into a stainless steel sink through water it really dispersed.

it can all be done with a cheaper lens timfrommass and without a cable release. i've taken awesome water drop shots with my sigma 70-300 and without a tripod! just used manual focus and after 40 shots, around 5 were amazing.
This is quite possible indeed, however, you are severely diminishing your odds for a keeper. With the situation you mentioned, you are very good or very lucky.

Just tried it with my on camera flash, thanks for the idea :)

4229539667_64ce792ea4.jpg

I think I might try your set up and see what I can do.

I just did that with my too photoXohper! Thanks for the idea, I never thought to do it in my sink haha.

Most reactions

Back