DIY Light box, Product Photography and Clothing Photography help

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
I have a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu blog that I do (free) product reviews for certain online merchants, and of course included are pictures. Before I bought my DSLR I was using my 8MP cell phone camera. Pictures weren't terrible, but of course I wanted to step things up. My next review is going to be shorts. Since I don't have professional lighting, I plan on doing the photography outdoors. Initially, I built a lightbox, and while I thought it would be good. It was wayyy to small and the sheets I used was a cream color (I put it together in poor light so I didn't realize until it was finished) anyway so its worthless. So I have come up with some questions.

1) For any DIYers who have built a lightbox with success, what materials did you use?

2) For those who have purchased a lightbox, how much did you spend?

3) I have a 18-105, 55-200mm, and a 50mm 1.8D in the mail - Which lens is best for this?

4) I do plan on purchasing lighting, but is there a cheaper way of doing it?

In the mean time, I will be researching at home studio set ups. If you guys have any tips for that as well please LMK.

THanks!!!

White cardboard sheets from a craft store setup behind the product like the top of a hexagon shape work pretty good for small product photography. I just use two speed lights, once to bounce from the front and one to bounce from the back. Adjust the lights to taste depending on the product you are shooting.

ANyone have any suggestions for backdrop material? I want to get black and white for the light box.

Im going to joannes to pick some up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back