DIY Lightbox Photos C&C

Flems

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First attempt at product photos with the DIY lightbox. I'm pretty happy with the result considering its my first attempt :thumbup:.

3531207267_9c66236845_b.jpg

3531204107_e565f2a25d_b.jpg

3531197139_55852eaeb4_b.jpg

3532014496_ca97f3d3e3_b.jpg

3532016896_d48ea1e3a3_b.jpg

Thanks for looking and any C&C's!

Cool pics! Do you mind telling us how you made your DIY lightbox?

I kind of followed this guide HERE. All you need is a box at least 1'x1'x1'. I cut the flaps off the opening and cut windows in three of the sides, leaving a frame. Then I taped white bristol board up as the BG and floor. I then covered the "windows" with white tissue paper (the stuff you find in gift bags). I can post a picture of it later tonight.

For lighting, I just used 2 small desk lamps as side lighting and white-balanced in PS. The tissue paper diffuses the light well enough for my liking. :thumbup:

*NOTE* You can also cut off the bottom so you can place it over top of small objects you otherwise would not be able to place inside.

:lol:

great DOF in those.

my only change would be to shoot the white car on a dark BG.

but as far as your lighting goes...well done! :D

I liked the white car on the white background, that was my favorite shot.
Thanks for the info, I plan on trying my DIY skills on a light box soon.

I made one of these the other day although I wrapped mine in muslin. How did you get the reflective effect on the first ones? The shots are nice, a bit bright on the last one but overall a good series here. Nice work!

I have made a light "box" with white sheer fabric, a large embroidery hoop, and a tripod. Put the edges of the fabric in the hoop, and gether the other end to form a cone. The nice thing is, it packs up flat, to the diameter of the hoop. :thumbup:

Good job! I made mine the same way, but my WB wasn't as good as yours ;) I also like the glossy look of your floor.

I found you have to tweak the white balance manually. The auto WB gave it a grey/bluish cast.

As for the reflections, I just used a glossy bristol board. The glossier, the better.:thumbup:

Thanks for all the feedback!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back