DIY Newborn nest!!

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
5612451165_480db21f79_z.jpg

For less than $20 worth of vinyl fabric and some basic sewing skills you too can create a bean bag for your newborn sessions! Awesome savings when the "newborn nest" or the "shoot baby" costs $80-$100 not including shipping!

I'm just proud of myself and I thought i'd share :D

cool.. NJ.

do you think the vinyl would reflects too much? Maybe create a cotton cover for it that you can easily wash between sessions?

I made it vinyl so it would be waterproof. I never put babies on it without a blanket (and a wee wee pad) acting as the backdrop

True, I guess waterproof is helpful so they can go commando LOL. I think the reflection may give you hot spot from your lighting though. Maybe not. I guess there is only one way to try it out.

What do you mean if there is a blanket over it? lol

Oh nm.. just reread your post. When is the test drive?

5611250830_5d6c1f0fb3_z.jpg
5610670751_99ae7c6895_z.jpg

My first session with it :)

Did you use a tutorial or pattern? That is awesome!!

How much would you charge me to make one of these for me, minus the shipping. I can't sew worth a damn....

Message me!

:)

Great job! Did you use polyester fiberfill or beanbag type stuffing to fill it?

please me to

You have in fact taught us TWO​ things here. 1) how to make a beanbag and 2) I need a wee wee pad for under my bean bag, no more pausing my halo match when nature calls, but I digress. Nice job and good idea. The two shots posted look good. Not that you asked for C&C, but I would try to tone down the red blotchy skin tone in the second one.

awesome first session! keep em coming. and im not typically a big fan of newborn-ish type of photos. mostly because it reminds me of my two turds who happen to be teenagers now. not that they weren't all cute and cuddly, but we became better friends once they got a little bigger.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back