DIY Ringlight & Fashion Model

xposurepro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
xposurepro.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Testing out a homemade ring light .. love the catch lights it makes in the eyes. I doubt anybody here is big into reality shows ( I'm not LOL ) but you can see my model on the show Mommas Boy on NBC

3197448814_ec152932d0.jpg

Awesome eyes for sure. How about a pic of the ring light so we can see the set up or is it super duper top secret?

nope not super duper top secret .. I based my design off of this tutorial .. DIY RingLight Ring Light for portrait photography | jyoseph.com

I just made mine bigger .. 12 100 watt light bulbs instead of 8 .. gives me more light plus since it is bigger the opening in the center is large enough for me to move around .. not much but a little .. and I can easily pull back for good 3/4 body shots.
For the background I have a yellow matte board I picked up at hobby lobby for $4 sitting on a easle. There is also a single 100 watt household light bulb directly behind her head aimed at the background .. which gives the gradient effect.
I don't have it setup at home. It's setup in a corner down at the studio. In all the entire setup only takes up a few sq ft of space. It's a nice cheap addition for your studio if you have a corner that is not being utilized. I will try to remember to take some shots of it.

Nice thanks for the link. At first I thought those were ceramic fixtures I was thinking to myself that thing has to weigh a ton.

Looking good! If you feel like putting a 100% crop of the eye(s) it would be interesting to see the detail.

DIY rocks! Thanks for sharing your experience.

-Shea

Most reactions

Back