Do i charge?

RedLeg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I am a very amateur photographer, I enjoy taking picture of my kids doing their sports. When I take my camera to a game I always take pictures of my kids teammates and post them on photobucket for all the parents to see. I always send pictures to parents and I have never charged a cost for them.
Now, I have a parent who wants me to take pictures of his kids swim team at a meet. Should I charge people for pictures? If so, what's the best way to go about this?

its a whole different level once you start charging.
are you going to be a legal business? licenses and taxes and such? or just under the table work?
there are a TON of discussions here about what to charge and your cost of doing business, so the real decision is whether or not you want to legitimately charge for your work or not. if not, then its really just a matter of how much pocket money you want to get from the parents.

pixmedic said:
its a whole different level once you start charging.
are you going to be a legal business? licenses and taxes and such? or just under the table work?
there are a TON of discussions here about what to charge and your cost of doing business, so the real decision is whether or not you want to legitimately charge for your work or not. if not, then its really just a matter of how much pocket money you want to get from the parents.

Just looking to get some extra cash on the side. Don't know if I should post them on photobucket with a watermark and send pictures to the potential customers or put them on a website that they can purchase the pictures.

I will also try a search on his subject, thanks for the heads up.

Most reactions

Back