do i have the right to be offended?

Well, that's great news. Sometimes people don't realize when they are slightly stepping on other people's toes.

As well meaning as I try to be, I do it sometimes too. Fortunately I have a very strong willed wife who promptly puts me back in my place and let's me know when I've made an ass of myself.:blushing:

Ah im glad its all sorted... but you are still going to beat him with a stick right?:D

exactly, this was handled way too civil. What ever happened to a good old beating...:mrgreen:

(btw: your pics are great)

pascal

I am glad everything worked out. Lesson learned. Keep in mind that photography is a tough racket. You must have the utmost confidence in your work. Be proud and take total control.

Love & Bass

Well of course I'll still beat him with a stick :greenpbl:

Thanks pascal for the positive feedback on the pictures :hug::

I'm definitely going to try to take a little more control, and be a less of a "yeh, sure"-kind of person, when it comes to my work. Less passive from now on *puts on my game face* :blushing:

This is why you shouldn't give away your images to anyone. It's not something a professional would ever do, and it gives the wrong impression to some people.

Matt;

I find this interesting. I would appreciate it if you would add to this a little more. I would think of this as an opportunity to have my name and photos displayed publicly even though they are on MySpace. Although you wouldn't charge in this circumstance do you protect yourself and your work with a contract of some form?

Thanks,
Neuner

even getting my first paying job...Now I know I'm not a professional photographer

Sounds like you are!

What would you do?

Tell him "the way you edited the photos doesn't match my aesthetics; although they are nice, could you please remove my name from them so as to not confuse people?"

and be a less of a "yeh, sure"-kind of person, when it comes to my work.

Im the opposite. I'm *nearly* insanely obsessive over my pictures.
My friend asked me to do her wedding pictures.
As with any one else.. no negatives, no high res's on discs, no right to edit etc.
Didn't go over well and we wasted alot of money on a trip to Mexico for not much other than to dip our toes in the ocean.
Also.. she asked the night before the wedding... Up until then she 'assumed' i was doing them.
Dont work with/for friends/family!

A lesson to all.

Matt;

I find this interesting. I would appreciate it if you would add to this a little more. I would think of this as an opportunity to have my name and photos displayed publicly even though they are on MySpace. Although you wouldn't charge in this circumstance do you protect yourself and your work with a contract of some form?

Thanks,
Neuner

If you are trying to come across as professional, you probably shouldn't be giving your work away for nothing. It just gives the wrong idea. While it's not always true, low priced work is commonly perceived as low quality. If you don't stand up for the quality of your work and charge a fair price for it, then who will? How many good jobs and big clients will you lose because you come across as amateur?

Most reactions

Back