Do I need a new lens for landscape photography as a beginner?

Exposure is not satisfying and I cannot zoom further when I am far!

Exposure is not an issue of the lens.
It is a matter of you LEARNING your camera and learning how to control it, when needed, rather than let the camera make the exposure decisions.

As for the lens, the 18-55 is a decent kit lens. Nothing really wrong with it.
Which lens you would need depends on how much you want to zoom into the scene.
What is the subject and how far away.
Example: If you are trying to shoot a fox at 100 yards, I would go for a 100-400, or even a 150-600.
As was said, you need to provide SPECIFIC examples of what you mean by "cannot zoom further when I am far." Upload a pic that shows what you mean.

Here are a couple replacement options for your 18-55:
- 18-135. Bit more reach. And for some, good enough to be all the lens they need.
- Tamron 18-400. Had good reviews. More reach, but also larger and heavier. Important to remember, you will be carrying that weight all the time.

For longer companion lens to your 18-55
- 70-300
- 100-400

I'll echo what others have said. It sounds to me like you need to work on your technique more than anything else.

A different focal length can give you more options, and there are sharper lenses than the kit lens, but that won't necessarily lead to better photographs. You will be able to create some very good landscapes with that lens if your photorgraphy skills are up to scratch.

Most people struggle with exposure because they don't understand how their camera works with different lighting conditions. Difficult to say without an example, but a commor error is choosing a scene that has more dynamic range than the camera can record. I'd suggest further learning is probably a good way to go before spending on lenses.

Most reactions

Back