Do I need a stylist? Do I have to pay them?

ddelplato

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am working on concepts for an upcoming shoot that involves drag queens. The shoot involves a lot of wardrobe. I was thinking of hiring a stylist, but I don't fully understand what type of role the stylist would have. If I hire a stylist would I have to give them money to go out and find clothes they think would work for the shoot? Would they find places to borrow clothing from instead? Would I have to pay the stylist?

Also do some boutiques lend out clothes to be featured in photos?

PLEASE HELP

Are you being paid?
If so, what you charge should include any additional expenses you will incur to do the shoot.
For a commercial shoot I listed extra cost items in my estimate as individual line items.
Models, catering, parking, make up artist, assistant, stylist, extra equipment, whatever was needed.

It depends on how skilled you are and how complex the concept. I know jack squat about hair, make-up, etc, so when I need it done right, I get someone that do it right. I generally don't work for free, ergo... That said, if you're doing this as a personal project, for fun, etc, and there's no money changing hands, try somewhere like Model Mayhem, you might find someone will to work TF*.

"..involves drag queens" Are the drag queens the models?

I thought drag queens already had their own wardrobes.

And why wouldn't they also be capable of doing their own styling?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back