Do I need to get a permission to shoot this?

depends on if your making money on it

i didn't mean they would use them legally. but that is a reason why someone would not want their picture taken and put on the internet. i know many people that would never give permission for their picture to be put online. as i said, anyone can come along and use that picture however they want. it may not be legal, but they will do it anyway. if this happens to a picture you have taken of someone and never got their permission, i could see that ending badly.

I don't think you understand. If someone else uses your photo illegally, then it is their problem not yours. If you took the photo legally, then you are on the high ground.

skieur

If I go to an event, like a school baseball game, a dirt bike race, a swim meet, ect.., shoot pictures there and then post them to my website with the purpose of directing the parents and athletes there to view and hopefully buy prints, do I need their permission to take their picture? Do I need the consent of the parents to shoot and post pictures? Anyone have experience with this? Thanks

Are you a student at that school, or a scary looking old man in a long rain coat?

No, it doesn't change the law - but I'm leading you in a direction to think about building relationships as being just important as the legal side. Once you prove yourself even a little bit, you will find the athletes doing their best best to perform for the camera while getting their job done.

As I said in your other thread, check to see if the school already has an exclusive contract with another photographer for this service.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back