Do most photograhers take themselves too seriously?

Personally I find many of the to be not only amusing, but rather creative.

if you can put together a collection of over 100 of very similar images, is it still considered creative?

I like them, but that many in one spot wears out the concept.

I think a lot of photographers take themselves way too seriously.

What's funny is that the ones who don't take themselves seriously at all are the ones who are most successful...

I take myself VERY seriously. I have to, absolutely nobody else takes me seriously. :lmao:
And based on what Steve said, I guess that explains why I didn't make that boatload of money like I was expecting last year. :D

No, SERIOUSLY, I think there's certainly a way to do both.
I take seriously the matter of creating work that is as good as I am currently capable of producing. I take seriously the matter of *learning* more about the craft of photography, trying to master new techniques, new shooting genres.
But no, I do NOT take myself seriously in the sense of thinking that what I do, photographically, is all that important in the grand scheme of things. I think if I lost the sense of wonder and playfulness about the way I see the world, there would be little point left in my photography at all.

And I *am* actually highly successful--not financially, but in the sense of being pretty happy with what I produce and how others receive my photography.

I take my cat pictures pretty damn seriously.

Personally I find many of the to be not only amusing, but rather creative.

if you can put together a collection of over 100 of very similar images, is it still considered creative?

I think in this case at least they can be. I do not believe that they are all by the same photographer but a collection from a number of people.

Some of those cracked me up!

I like them, but that many in one spot wears out the concept.

I think I would have to agree. I think they could have been broken into smaller collections by theme.

Oh,I take myself VERY seriously....

$Derrel_cup half full.jpg

...but then again, maybe not...I dunno...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back