Do not copy????

kcp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok...did a search, but I must not be thinking of the right terms to use because I'm not getting anything.

I order my prints from Mpix for my customers--and obviously they don't have a "Do Not Copy" marking on the back of the print. Does anyone know of a way to mark the prints with your name, etc, on the back? I bought a couple of stampers with my business name on them but the ink won't dry when I stamp them.

Thanks!

Well---apparently I am an idiot. I just looked at the Mpix order I got yesterday and it says "Do not copy" on the back of them now. This must be something new because I checked the order I received a few days ago and it doesn't say that.

As long as it says it now.....I'm happy. :blushing:

Mpix also stamps your photos with the image number on the back too which helps alot when you place a huge order.

Mpix also stamps your photos with the image number on the back too which helps alot when you place a huge order.
I know--isn't that great??? I can't tell you how many times I've had a client call and say, "Order more of photo where my child is posed like this...." That's when I say..."What's the number on the back?" LOL

sharpie must be one of the worste ideas ive ever heard. the only way i know of.. and ive used is my own paper at a lab. you can order it from your favored paper of choice company and theyll print professional looking watermarks or what have you on the back.

There are 'acid free' sharpie style pens that will write on the back or the front of a photo...but having it actually printed on the paper is much easier....although, is that really going to stop anybody from making copies?

true enough...

I have a pigment pen that I use for signing prints, but generally speaking, a pen or marker you pick up in a general merchandise store is not going to be acid free. If it doesn't say "Acid Free" expect that it is not.

Most places that make prints or enlargements look for the "Do not Copy" or copyrighted language on the backs of prints and will not copy those images without a release from the copyright owner. The US is a pretty litigious society as a whole and these places go overboard to cover their butts.

That won't stop someone from putting a print on their scanner at home, but it does cut down on people taking their stuff to Walgreen's to rip you off.

90% of people don't even consider making a copy if your photos stealing from you. They see it as a photo of them and see no harm in making copies of it. I do my level best to educate all of my clients about this because I don't charge much to take pictures. I make my money in the actual printing of photos.

Most reactions

Back