Do not Cremate

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another image from when I managed to sneak into a crematorium. Wonder how long these two were laying around.
IMG_3810.jpg

Edit....for those of you concerned this is real, these were part of a display in the crematorium for the tour. There were various "props" on display to show how the crematorium works. But yes, I was there alone, cause I was early.
Sorry if I have offended anyone. :D

Thanks you guys....every year in Toronto, they have Doors Open Toronto. This church upstairs is part of the tour. While the guide was outside having a smoke...I went to the basement.
These may or may not be real. Only the guy working there would have known.

Awesome pic Chiller.

I need to make a trip back to some of the cemeteries here soon. The last time I went, it was just a couple days after a flood and I had to leave before I got eaten alive by the mosquitos. Most of the better sections were inaccessible too.

Thanks you guys....every year in Toronto, they have Doors Open Toronto. This church upstairs is part of the tour. While the guide was outside having a smoke...I went to the basement.
These may or may not be real. Only the guy working there would have known.

sorry...I think even if it isn't real...it's still kind of distasteful.

Portraying a body in a little box...

I don't mean to be offensive...just poor taste in my opinion. Technically it's decent...and the "do not cremate" thing is kind of silly...but...

sick stuff chiller!

excellently done!

I would imagine the boxes are real??? Full or empty would be my question? I don't see anything distasteful or disrespectful here. The shot for me depicts a part of life, albeit the final one, which in my case, I've never seen before. Also IMO the title "Do Not Cremate" is perfectly fitting.... if you happen to study the entire photo.

I don't mean to be offensive...just poor taste in my opinion. Technically it's decent...and the "do not cremate" thing is kind of silly...but...

It was most likely real. It's just part of society.

Check this out; In California, up until a year or so ago it was not illegal to have sex with a dead body! Not that I care either way, but when the story broke about how a couple night-shift workers were caught 'doing-it' on tape at a local cremetorium, well, you should of seen them running to puke at the liquor store- And they're a tough crowd.

I would imagine the boxes are real??? Full or empty would be my question? I don't see anything distasteful or disrespectful here. The shot for me depicts a part of life, albeit the final one, which in my case, I've never seen before. Also IMO the title "Do Not Cremate" is perfectly fitting.... if you happen to study the entire photo.
I agree.

And given the packing tape, I'd hazard a guess the box was occupied. Since this is in a crematorium, there's some black humour to the 'do not cremate' notice.

Sideburns, Chiller didn't display 'a body in a little box', it's a box. And he has never been disrespectful in any of his darkside postings - in fact, he takes great care to be respectful (I've seen him shoot in at least one cemetery that I can recall). You might be overreacting a little to use that word. This type of photography may not be to everyone's taste, given the mystique and taboos about death in our society. But I don't think anything Chiller has posted has been disrespectful in the least.

This is the warning posted at the top of the Darkside Gallery. Some people have not learned to read before they reply:lol::lol:

This forum is aptly named the "Dark Side Gallery". Some of the images you may see in this sub-forum may be graphic in nature or may show the Darker side of life/death. If you would be offended by any dark images, it probably isn't a good idea to go searching for images here.

Same rules apply in here as well about the NWS for images that may not be suited for being on display at work.

Happy...er Dark shooting everyone. :D

hmmmmm....still lookin for that body in this shot. :lol::lol:

You should have told your mama where you're going and be mindful not to wander off.

Most reactions

Back