Do What??

my husband has added one for this,
thats so bad, it will make a buzzard puke off a gut wagon..!!! ( yeah, he is a redneck..can ya tell???)

oh, and have you heard mind your p's and q's..? according to HIM (said husband who reads too much and obviously retains more than i do..) said it came from england..
( the country, not england, arkansas.... just in case some may get confused..)

in english pubs...ale is served in pints and quarts....when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them to mind their own pints and quarts and settle down... hense the shorter version to mind their p's and q's......

so... tad bit of trivia...

there is also:

horse of a different color...
i feel like 'ned' in the first reader....
when its time to go, my spoue usually says, its time to call in the dogs and piss on the fire..( he's so fun at parties......aha..aha...ahumm.... bless his heart.....)

he's f***'d up worse than hogan's goat...(another husband tag along... means the dude is messed up bad.... dont know who hogan is, and why his goat is screwed...)
he's tighter than dick's hat band...( dick must have head wear issues...make up your own jokes....)

flatter than day old beer...( usually refering to a chicks anatomy...)
i've seen better head on lettuce.....

i know here in the south, when the weather is getting ugly, we all seem to say, there's a cloud acomin' up...

when you get a chill all of a sudden outta the blue, we say a 'possum musta walked over your grave....

oh.. oh.. and why when people have died, do family members tend to say," well, last week we lost uncle bill...." doesnt it sound like you just misplaced him?? we lost him?? does that mean we might find him again ?? what is that deal...?

ah..one of my personal favorites,

that went thru me like sauce thru a widder woman...( dont know why being a widder (widow) makes things go thru you faster, but ..go figure...)

Hertz van Rental said:
Quarts? Not for more than 150 years it hasn't. :lol:

laugh at me, you onery sucker..... :mrgreen:

actually, he showed me the article on this...but you know how media is...they did say pints and quarts, i thought that might be medium and large for us... but since i dont drink.. i have no idea..( and i have never been to england..... :sexywink: )

did you know the saying?? is it english, or is that wrong too???? :(

(oh, and hi hertz......how are you??)

Aprilraven you reminded me of some:
"I've seen better eyes on potatos"
"slower than molases on a cold day"

"its time to call in the dogs and piss on the fire" :biglaugh:

Mentos, can you post your list? I'm too lazy to copy and paste myself.

tmpadmin said:

dont ya hate to copy and paste yourself?? its so messy......and hard to explain....

and what do you mean, I remind you of those....

have you ever seen my eyes????
they really dont look like potates...silly admin... they tend to favor
marty feldman eyes, thankyouverymuch....... (giggle giggle)

have you heard:

one brick shy of a load???

i think they are half a bubble off plumb...( carpentry term...)

elevator doesnt go all the way to the top...
both oars aren't in the water...
their breads half baked...
thier egg is a little cracked...( or scrambled...)

tmpadmin said:
Aprilraven you reminded me of some:
"I've seen better eyes on potatos"
"slower than molases on a cold day"

"its time to call in the dogs and piss on the fire" :biglaugh:

You didn't notice the ED in remindED. Who's Ed now?

"One card short of a full deck"
"You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back