Do you ever feel shut down mode...

bunny99123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I have always been up beat about photography, and eager to continue to learn, but lately I have become blah. I don't know if it is because I am feeling overwhelmed from trying to learn so much so quickly or what. I still enjoy it, but I am getting shut down lately. Do you ever feel that way?

Absolutely, when I do I leave my camera alone until I WANT to pick it up again and when I do I usually find that things are a little easier and something has fallen into place and I have desire to shoot a lot again.
I think for me it is part of the learning process, time to step away for a bit and let the mind clear of the technical details is important. It's like I learn learn learn and find myself with too many things running around in my head and it clutters my time behind the lens.

Yep, it does happen, especially if you are in the business, and add frustration with work and dealing with people that are in a position where they should know something about photography but don't(photo editors) It usually takes a good shoot to get back on track.

Well, I have always been up beat about photography, and eager to continue to learn, but lately I have become blah. I don't know if it is because I am feeling overwhelmed from trying to learn so much so quickly or what. I still enjoy it, but I am getting shut down lately. Do you ever feel that way?

Shoot a "stranger" model, in a place outside our comfort zone, with a strange light configuration you typically have never tried
bigthumb.gif

Thank you! You all are so appreciated. Glad it just isn't me. That is what I feel like so much stuff running in my head. I went to college, and it feels a little like burn out. I will take your advice and step back and shoot just for fun. I have never stranger shot before, so I may go downtown and see what I can produce this weekend or a drive in the mountains.

Sometimes its good when you are pushing yourself to go back to something simple that your are confident with just to get some results that put your head straight.

In other words to un-tilt your mental outlook.

OP, yep I get burnt out sometimes too. Trying to cut back on my pix taking and work on cleaning up my old shots I'm overloaded with.

Welcome to my life! My job is either extremly great, or it sucks the big one. There is no in between. Right now, it sucks the big one and it has for the past 3 weeks. No sign of a turn around anytime soon either.

Captain Trigger Happy hope your "the sucks the big one," goes away soon. Thanks everyone for advise. Although I have taken photo's since I was a child, and still love it. As I have stated the more I learn, the more I don't know. Is there any time, you, Pro's feel comfident that you know enough or does the cycle keep going? Going take you guys advice and shoot for full and try to shoot in some areas I normally don't... to see what I can produce:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back