Do you feel like an adult?

I feel like I'm about 35 right now (not my real age, mind you...) and plan to stay that way mentally and physically.

Stay young, you'll age less!

Well now this is incredibly ironic :shock:

Tomorrow is my 28th birthday (Oct 12) . . .

Next week I start a new job, doing something I have never done, on a shift that I have never tried (3rd ick!) . . .

My wife and I just had our 5 year wedding anniversary 1 month ago . . .

Today at lunch she told me that she is 6 weeks pregnant with our first child :shock: :eek:

So now we also need a new home! (current 1br appt is only like 350sq ft.)

Up until last month I felt like a kid, and now I feel like I am being forced to grow up overnight! Funny how life works out. At least I have some decent photo equipment to capture it all now :roll:

Canon Fan said:

Next week I start a new job, doing something I have never done, on a shift that I have never tried (3rd ick!) . . .

Today at lunch she told me that she is 6 weeks pregnant with our first child :shock: :eek:

Up until last month I felt like a kid, and now I feel like I am being forced to grow up overnight! Funny how life works out. At least I have some decent photo equipment to capture it all now :roll:

3rd shift isn't too bad, once you get used to it. I liked it a lot better than 2nd shift.

Success is what you define it to be. Too often, society defines success, maturity, or acheivment in terms of monetary worth, or corporate titles. However, look at your average well paid corporate executive.... is that a life you envy?

I think I admire and define people that have "made it" by their ability to make a career doing something that they truly love.

RadialPrincess said:
Success is what you define it to be. Too often, society defines success, maturity, or acheivment in terms of monetary worth, or corporate titles. However, look at your average well paid corporate executive.... is that a life you envy?

I think I admire and define people that have "made it" by their ability to make a career doing something that they truly love.

Hear, hear, Erica. Well said. :thumbsup:

I'm an adult....but not a stuffy ol' grown-up, like we used to laugh at or run away from when we were kids. I still laugh at 'em and run away! :LOL:

Shark said:
Canon Fan said:

3rd shift isn't too bad, once you get used to it. I liked it a lot better than 2nd shift.

I definately prefer 3rd over 2nd. At least on 3rd shift I could work, sleep when I got home and be up when my friends got off work. Now I'm working after they get off, sort of sucks.

Yup. Seemed like I actually had more spare time on 3rds than on any other shift. I'd get home around 7:30, eat something, crash out until 1 or 2, then would have all the way until 11 to get back to work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back