do you follow it?

Christina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not an avid TV watcher. BC I don't normally have time. But I love law & order SVU. Does any one else follow this series? Who's your favorite character?

i try to follow it but i normally end up watching the reruns on usa. and i love stabler and i love benson. but i love stabler more.

his wife got wrecked on tuesday night!

I've never seen it. I work silly hours and tend not to get too involved with TV so much anymore...

i try to follow it but i normally end up watching the reruns on usa. and i love stabler and i love benson. but i love stabler more.

his wife got wrecked on tuesday night!

i know , i thought she was gunna die, since she flat lined, but hey...
I love alex the old ADA. they always kill of my favorite charcters.

I'm not an avid television viewer either, and there are very few shows I really get into. "The Sopranos" was a huge obsession of mine (and still is, what with the internet message boards and DVDs), but now that's over with. Ditto "Arrested Development". In the last few months though, I've really gotten into "SVU". I've been watching it a lot, aided by the fact that USA reruns old episodes about ten times a day!

I must prefer the older episodes I see on USA to the new ones airing on NBC. Take last weeks: I really wanted to like that episode. I wish I found it more dramatic and intense, because it certainly would have made for a more satisfying viewing experience. It's just that I didn't find it all that intense at all. I guess it's because I just knew that everyone, baby and all, would make it out of the accident okay. So all of the dramatic moments throughout the ordeal - Kathy going into labor, Kathy losing a lot of blood and passing out, etc. - They all just didn't effect me as much as I'd have liked, since I knew all this would be ultimately inconsequential to the end of the story.

There's one exception: When Kathy coded - now that was the most intense moment of the episode. For about five seconds, I was thrown into a genuine state of shock. There was a lump in my throat and I was immediately ready to start tearing up. Unfortunately, they didn't play this moment out enough, and it didn't last long enough to really take effect on me. At the very start of the next scene, she is seen sitting up as if nothing ever happened. Suddenly, all my suppositions about everyone making it out okay were validated.

It was a fine episode, I guess, and I really can't blame the show for my lack of emotional response. I was just wishing for a more emotionally-charged experience, and it never fully came for me.

My favorite character is Olivia. Obvious choice. Munch is great too, especially when teamed up with Fin. I'm also a big Novak fan. Hell, I like 'em all, save for Lake.

it kinda pissed me off when she coded then it was like everything was okay, the coulda made it more dramatic.. who was lake?

Most reactions

Back