Do you guys always carry your camera with you? Everywhere?

whatsafrog2do

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ilarawan.com
I've recently purchased an Olympus C730 3.24MP 10X optical zoom, 3x digital among other niffty features. My first one was a Kodak (can't remember the model). It took good pictures for email and web but that's about it. I love my Olympus, I carry it everywhere and anytime I see something nice to photograph, I stop and set up my tripod if needed and snap pictures. My friends are saying i'm obsessed with my new toy. I might be but it gives me lots of pleasure doing it. So now I'm always out whenever I have the time and walk around downtown Toronto and take pictures.

Pls, pls, tell me I'm not crazy. My friends are calling me names now that I do lots of photography.

Care to share you photographing behaviours?

hehe
you're not crazy
i tend to take a camera most places. i dont take it to work!
i took my slr out today and i was only going shopping hehe
i tend to take my digital with me a lot.

i take my cam with me almost everywhere (especially if i go more than 2 blocks away from our home) ...

yesterday i felt the urge to shoot something, but didnt have anything to shoot ... so i dragged my hubby out to the park with these angel wings i bought (needless to say, he was not too happy about it :lol: ) .. we had an hour left of sunlight, by the time we got to our destination .. that particular section was closed off and we lost our sunlight :( ...

but he's been the victim of my impulsive shoots on several occassions :p

thursday, we had a blackout (power went off in 8 states including ours for over 20 hrs) .. we had a "blackout" shoot ... we played with the flashlight and some candles... got some spooky shots

speaking of which ... i've got an itch right now to shoot again ... maybe we'll hit the streets today ...

Nice to know I'm not the only one. I take my camera anywhere bec I see a lot of things that look cool or fancy to me and I just wanna capture them in a photo. My partner is not too keen on it though. So I take notes and write down the location of whatever it is that I wanted to take a picture of and come back to it at another time.

During the blackout, I couldn't take pictures outside at night so I took pictures of lit candles. By the way, I'm really interested in night scenes, where available light is the only source. There's quite a drama in it.

why dont u try to include ur partner ... perhaps give them the cam and let them have a go at it :)

I usually don't take my camera somewhere unless I'm going to shoot. At least where I live. This time of year it's always over 100F and I don't want to leave my film and camera in the car if I'm not going to use it.

most of the time I carry my camera with one universal zoom lens attached (it's about 3 pounds already)... I don't like to haul too much stuff around. Don't wanna miss a good shot, though!
Sometimes I'd like to have one of these digital compacts that I could carry 24/7 :roll:

Dew said:
why dont u try to include ur partner ... perhaps give them the cam and let them have a go at it :)

wouldn't even want to touch it and doesn't like getting his photo taken, he says I take too long taking the picture. Well, I have to compose it you know and the camera has to make adjustments so the photo turns out okay.

I wish I would carry it with me all the time, For the last few days I have been on the hunt for some forest fire shots but in the day you can't see them and at night I could not get to them untill tonight.... and on my way home from work one whole side of a mountain was on fire... so i ran home to grab my 200mm lens but when I got back the cops had closed off most of the streets and the fire went over the mountain so I could not see it from where I was. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: if I had it with me I would have got the shot i need to take my camera with me more but i but don't like to leave it in the car ohh what to do :roll:

Been there. It really sucks when you see something you wanted to take a picture of and the camera is a no show. By the time you have the camera, you've lost the moment. I take it with me everytime and when I go for long walks, I have at least 20 0r 40 pics taken when I come home. But sad to say sometimes, only about half are decent.

thats ok if only half are decent, that means ur judging ur own work, which is good :wink: ... out of 35 exposures, i may come up with about 5 i can live with ...

composing the camera (getting the right settings and such) ... that will come with time .... u'd be surprised how fast u can set the camera to the proper F stop, exposure time, white balance, etc....

i had a moving target the other day ... sunset was coming fast .. i clicked (set from earlier settings) ... didnt work ... i had to reset everything in 5 seconds or i would loose my target ... surprisingly i pulled it off (the lighting was good) ... but the composition was crappy :lol:

nikon? ... i would still be beating myself up for not getting that shot :lol:

u'd be surprised how fast u can set the camera to the proper F stop, exposure time, white balance, etc....

White balance? typical digital photographer ;)

i had a moving target the other day ... sunset was coming fast .. i clicked (set from earlier settings) ... didnt work ... i had to reset everything in 5 seconds or i would loose my target ... surprisingly i pulled it off (the lighting was good) ... but the composition was crappy

The other day I went out to shoot a roll of slide film. I headed out in the evening so I could get that nice sunset/end of the day light. There were some nice cliffs across the river that were the subject of a few pics. I had just shot my last frame when I looked back and the cliffs were a brilliant red because of the sunset. Before I could load another roll up, it had passed :(

nukie said:
Dew said:
white balance
Shooting in RAW mode eliminates that problem :D

how so? RAW just means that there is no compression. The white balance is the equivilent to filters or film that is balanced for different types of light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back