Do you guys lose your remotes?

Neil S.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In the last year I have lost my RC-6 wireless and N3 wired remote.

The wired one I had for years, and think maybe it got lost when we moved houses a short time ago.

The RC-6 wireless I just lost a few weeks ago, and have no idea where it is. That thing is so small lol.

Anyone have a tip on how not to lose the little wireless ones?

I realize it has a lanyard hole on it, but if I tie it to something then I can't really use it fully.

I have temporarily misplaced them (I'm mean, it took me like 10 minutes to find it), but I have never outright lost one.

I'll set it down and forget where I put it, lol. Usually I find it either on the desk, or in my pocket. :lol:

My wireless remote has that little thing it clips onto that attaches to the camera strap - I keep it there when I'm not using it.

It also has the hole for a lanyard, but I've never used it... Knowing me, it probably wouldn't help anyway. The only way it might help is that it would be a little bit bigger, and thus - easier to find.

Part of the problem is probably that it's so small, and black. Paint it red or International Orange and it'll never get lost again, lol.

My wired remotes are always either in the camera bag, or attached to the camera. Never even misplaced those.

I have temporarily misplaced them (I'm mean, it took me like 10 minutes to find it), but I have never outright lost one.

I'll set it down and forget where I put it, lol. Usually I find it either on the desk, or in my pocket. :lol:

My wireless remote has that little thing it clips onto that attaches to the camera strap - I keep it there when I'm not using it.

It also has the hole for a lanyard, but I've never used it... Knowing me, it probably wouldn't help anyway. The only way it might help is that it would be a little bit bigger, and thus - easier to find.

Part of the problem is probably that it's so small, and black. Paint it red or International Orange and it'll never get lost again, lol.

My wired remotes are always either in the camera bag, or attached to the camera. Never even misplaced those.

Ya I guess attaching some kind of clip to the lanyard might help. That is as long as I always clip it to the camera or strap.

Thanks for your input. :mrgreen:

LOL, I might actually take mine apart and paint it bright red.

I haven't lost one yet, but there have been times when I thought it was gone for good.

You do know that as soon as the new one arrives, you'll find the lost one - right?

:lol:

...That's usually how these things work.

I haven't lost one yet, but there have been times when I thought it was gone for good.

I think you can tie it to a beer bottle. I know you may not know where the remote is, but I bet you know where the beers are.:lol:

I think you can tie it to a beer bottle. I know you may not know where the remote is, but I bet you know where the beers are.:lol:

Yeah, but the problem is that they don't have beer in them for very long... :lol:

I'd hate to throw my remote away with the trash after a night of drinking, LOL!

You do know that as soon as the new one arrives, you'll find the lost one - right?

:lol:

...That's usually how these things work.

Of course lol.

But then I will have 2!!

Ya, I always know where the beers are!
IMG_6343.jpg

"A place for everything, and everything returned to it's place after use." :thumbup:

Ya I wish that I could follow this better lol. I tend to lose stuff quite a bit.

My son has been missing for 2 days now, can't seem to find the little guy anywhere.

Just kidding lol, I only lose small stuff usually. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back