Do you know how to burn a slideshow (pictures) to a DVD?

ShinAkuma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I used windows movie maker yesturday and created a picture slideshow and added a song to it and a little of special effects. The file is .wmv so I converted it to mp4 but when played on dvd on tv, it looks kinda blurry. There is nothing wrong with the dvd burner, or the dvd, or the dvd player. Was I suppose to use windows movie maker? WHAT dvd format should I convert it to?

k thanks

What resolution did you create the video at? if you created it so it wasn't full screen on your monitor and move it to a large TV full screen your likely to see an aparant loss in quality.

Standard TV is very low resolution compared to a computer screen.. 720x480 if I remember correctly. When you shrink an image that much, you may need to add sharpening.. I wonder if you shrink and sharpen them in photoshop first, you might get better results. Also make sure you have the vid in the highest quality possible. Movie Maker has settings to save for web streaming and stuff which will really kill the quality.

Another option is to skip movie maker all together, and just dump the JPG's on a DVD. Most DVD players will be able to display them as a slideshow (without music and effects, obviously). My DVD player can also play a slideshow of JPGs on a USB memory stick, which is how I quickly show my snapshots to the family.

Speaking old school (4:3) on old equipment as long as the image ratio is correct you can go down to 320 X 240 without any major issues. If you are using more up to date TV's with different screen ratios such as 16:9 you may cause issues if the TV or DVD player is forcing the ratio to change from what you created the data to be. Secondly, conversion, conversion, conversion... bad, bad, bad! Get your self a piece of software that does it all and does it well. If that does not work or is too pricey, then the next best thing is no more then two pieces of software that talk to each other well. Meaning one to edit and export finished product and the other to take that data as is and simply burn it for you. I would suggest a program called proshowgold if you are never going to utilize video only stills. It will do much better quality then movie maker. Not saying you could not make movie maker work just saying it is more work and possibly part of the problem. How blurry are we talking? Can you simulate a sample and post? A little might be due to how you handled the images... Alot might be how the software you used handled the images. ;)

I use Roxio Easy Media Creator Suite 10. It does everything and allows you to create custom menus for your DVDs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back