Do You like Your Work?

Yes I like my photography, but I do not think I get much critique on other boards, or I get rude critiques, such as I wouldnt hire you, but when I see someone elses work that clearly looks like a snapshot, people love it.

Yes I like my photography, but I do not think I get much critique on other boards, or I get rude critiques, such as I wouldnt hire you, but when I see someone elses work that clearly looks like a snapshot, people love it.

come now - no bitterness.
and when people say that they would not hire you - take it to mean that your shots are sooo good that they think that they could never afford your fees ;):)

Thank you overread, You really know how to make a person feel better.:)

Like others have said, I enjoy making the photographs, have some favourites and some great dissapointments.
I don't think I've taken a "great" photograph.
I think I'm improving... at least I think before the shot (aperture, DOF, composition)...

Do you like your photography?
Most of the time - no. I am never satisfied. I can't look at a shot that I've taken without thinking that I could have done something better. It's actually getting kind of frustrating.

Do you have favorites?
Of course, we all do. Interestingly though, a lot of shots that I consider my favorites are not as well received by other people and the shots that I don't particulary care for, other people love. What's up with that?

Do you feel differently when you look at favorites photos you've taken, or are your feelings consistant?
No answer for this one...

Are you better now? Have you improved?
I have improved a lot, but I feel like I've recently hit a plateau in my ability. I think right now it's a lack of motivation.

Not really. I'm still photographing what's easy and not enough of what I would like to.

Do you have favorites?
Sure.

Do you feel differently when you look at favorites photos you've taken, or are your feelings consistant?
Some stay favorites and some don't. There are also some photos I learn to like with time.

Yes. More technically than creatively.

It all depends. I like some of the stuff I photograph, some not so much. I generally keep about 30% of the photos I take, and, of those, maybe 10% I think are print-worthy or good enough to put on my website.

Do you have favourites?
Duh.

Do you feel differently when you look at favourites photos you've taken, or are your feelings consistent?
Do you mean over time? If so, not really. I sometimes look at them and see something extra that I didn't see before, but otherwise, no.

Of course. Otherwise there wouldn't be a point. I think for me, I'm doing better with very quickly managing exposure, thinking about aperture in terms of depth of field, and especially composition.

sometimes i like my work.. sometimes i dont. People say i'm good at it, but i think that being familiar with your photos takes something away from it. If you personally know what all went into creating the photo, and what was going through your mind when you took it, and how ordinary everything was when you took it, you dont seem to appreciate it as much as someone who is just seeing that moment. Kind of like you dont really realize how beautiful some scenes in a movie are, unless you view a single frame i think. but i think for me, my photos are never perfect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back