do you live in an apartment/dorm/other housing complex sort of thing? if so...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by carlita, Feb 26, 2005.

1. PreludeX

PreludeX TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I live in school housing.... its an apartment complex with studios and 1 bdrms and 2 bdrms.... first off, to enter the building you have to have a key card... then to enter someones room you have to have a keycard... but everyone in my building including me leaves their doors unlocked... why? well... there hasnt been any theft throughout the building so we all feel were safe with each other... which i guess is a good thing....

2. carlita

carlita TPF Noob!

my roomate and i used to leave our door to our dorm open as long as we were actually IN the room, but not when we left. and those doors shut themselves unless you put something in the way to prop the door open. and when they shut they lock automatically.

but people would prop the door to the building open sometimes as well, so i just wasn't willing to chance it.

they just recently switched over to the key card thing here as well. i don't live in the dorms anymore though.

3. carlita

carlita TPF Noob!

yep, that's the very same thing i always tell people. :razz:

and it's especially true in a small town like this. if it were a big city it'd be easier to hide, but they'd stick out like a sore thumb here.