Do you remember...

oriecat

work in progress
Reaction score
Website
www.moltenwords.net
... when you stopped believing (if you ever really did) in Santa?

Not to imply that Santa isn't real. Of course he is, children.

Well, I mean to some people. I mean I don't believe in Santa, I'm too old for that.

But if there are any children reading, don't listen to me. Santa is very real and I am wrong not to believe. Be good! Santa is watching!!

Anyway, I don't remember when myself.

I remember very well. I had already been thinking that it doesn't exist, (One year I saw my dad's watch on santas hand :wink:) but I still wasn't sure. Then one day I accidentaly found few presents and ran to my mom screaming:" I know santa isn't real, I know it!!" My mom looked all surprised and told me to keep it on myself, since my little brother still believed in santa. I was 5 or 6 years old then and had so much fun when my bro was scared at santa and I knew it was our dad. :D

I don't remember either. But I do remember fierce arguments in my infant school (5-7 years old) about the existence of Santa.

And you're evil Niki.

I had been told by my school friends...and then I just kinda asked my parents.
It was like "I know he is real...but...is he?"

Yeah, the whole idea always seemed a bit strange to me but at the same time I was thinking "hey, free stuff"... Then one day I decided to confront the mum. She at once told me that I was right that there was no santa but that I had better keep my mouth shut to my little brother if I expected any gifts....

Ah tradition.

I always wondered why everyone else's santa wanted cookies and milk and ours wanted fudge and coke :roll: (My dad hated milk) So I eventually put it together!!!

Of course Santa is real - but he's not a bloke, just the spirit of giving for the sheer pleasure of it. And when your Dad/Mum tiptoed in during the wee small hours to put your presents by your bed at that moment they WERE Santa.
;-)

I remember already being on the edge of believing and not believing. One of my friends said that there is no santa and I started to put 2 and 2 together. For a while there I came up with 5 but I figured it all out. Oh to be 20 again. haha

graigdavis said:
I remember already being on the edge of believing and not believing. One of my friends said that there is no santa and I started to put 2 and 2 together. For a while there I came up with 5 but I figured it all out. Oh to be 20 again. haha

Hi there, O Stranger. [waving] :D

I remember more my son asking me about it than when I was little. I was the youngest of 3, so I think that my brother and sister somehow clued me in....it wasn't a big deal.

But it was for my son!! I think it was the whole Tooth Fairy thing that made him start asking questions one year....he never really bought into the Tooth Fairy and demanded to know the Truth. Then, he started asking, "Well, if the Tooth Fairy isn't real....what about the Easter Bunny?" and I could see he was working his way up to The Big One: "What about Santa?" and I gave the gentle explanation of ye olde St. Nicholas, but he wasn't having any. St. Nick was not the guy in the red suit with the sleigh, and that's all he needed to know. It was traumatic. He lay on his bed facing the wall, and waved off my stories, saying, "Leave me!" So I had to leave his room and let him absorb, however he decided to go about that. Oh, it was a horrible day to be a mom. :)

Can I just highjack this thread for a little bit?

When you lost a tooth and put it under your pillow, how much did you get? I got 50p for a normal tooth or £1 for a big one. Some of the kids at the school I work at get £5 or £10!!!

THERE IS TOO A SANTA!!!!! HUSH YOU PEOPLE! HE EXSISTS!!!!!!! I'M NOT GONNA LISTEN TO A WORD YOU SAY. HE'S REAL!!!!

~sticks fingers in ears and sings loudly~

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!!!!!!!!!

oriecat said:
... when you stopped believing (if you ever really did) in Santa?

Interesting question. No, I don't remember... but I do remember telling my oldest son (9) son about it just this year. Basically, he nailed me and cornered me and implied I was lying to him if Santa actually wasn't real, so I couldn't, I had to tell him. He's the light of my life, I couldn't stare him in his sweet face and lie when asked point blank. After several "Talk to your mom about it" attempts I was forced to let the cat out of the bag. He was pretty upset.

What I did tell him was, Santa was real in the regard that when people talk about Santa, they really mean he is the spirit of Christmas in everyone's hearts. I don't think that was the answer he wanted though.

140_4036.JPG

terri said:
I think it was the whole Tooth Fairy thing that made him start asking questions one year....he never really bought into the Tooth Fairy and demanded to know the Truth. Then, he started asking, "Well, if the Tooth Fairy isn't real....what about the Easter Bunny?" and I could see he was working his way up to The Big One: "What about Santa?"

No, the big one is when he asks "What about God?" :shock:

core_17 said:
~sticks fingers in ears and sings loudly~

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!!!!!!!!!

It's the Vancomb lady!!

Most reactions

Back