Do you still bring your camera to Amusement Park?

I used to a lot...but then it became a photo trip for me instead of a trip to the amusement park. I hope that makes sense...now, I tend not to bring it to places that I really want to enjoy myself. I love taking pictures and I love amusement parks, I just don't love doing both at the same time it seems!

Why do you have to change lenses because you brought your SLR?

Just to answer the question... when I travel or go on vacation outside of my town, I take it ALL with me, including a 17" screen laptop, extra 250GB external USB drive, higher end videocam and all my photography equipment.

When "on site" I will carry at least 2, likely 3 lenses and the videocamera with me in my backpack, becuase:
- I can
- It offers me the freedom of choice, not the challenge of limiting myself.
- I find it ZERO burden to carry for 8-10 or more hours a day.

Last February we went to Florida (Disneyworld) for three days. I only had a Nikon E8800 and older sony handicam back then... but this time we go back there for 9 days (at least 3 more days in Disney and 2 at Universal), and that means a backpack full of D200, flash, at least 2, likely 3 lenses, spare batteries for everything, small travel-tripod and my Sony HDR-SR8 handicam.

For me, it's all about capturing the memories of the vacation and I do not find it a problem in any way, indeed, its a great part of my pleasure!

I near always carry the E8800 with me in the car, but earlier this week, I took the D200 into work much earlier and played with all 3 lenses. I captured the early morning sun rise outside of the building and surrounding area where I was working that day. It pays to carry it around sometimes!

1592683728_a108e8f072_m.jpg
1591804595_84fa5c672d_m.jpg
1591799997_7c3e285013_m.jpg

I take my 400D everywhere... It's my first DSLR and I think I'm not treating it and especially the kit lens very well, but otherwise I wouldn't get a couple shots I'm really psyched about.

Enjoy the amusement park AND take photos.

I'd love some feedback on this one from a couple months ago...
picture-11.jpg

The answer is easy. Get a pocket camera that is adjustable for shutter speeds, ISO, flash, etc. and has a good lens speed/aperture of f.2.8.

skieur

The answer is easy. Get a pocket camera that is adjustable for shutter speeds, ISO, flash, etc. and has a good lens speed/aperature of f.2.8.

skieur

I wish I have one... :lol::lol::lol:

i take my camera everywhere, even if most likely i wont use it

i even took it to a brithday party of a friend of a friend of a friend

anyway, i went to amusement parsk liast time, and i didnt' bring my dSLR, and i had no need for it at all then too. my PnS was fine

I have not been to any amusement park for about 15 or 20 years I think ...

Carrying multiple lenses usually is very little problem if they're the Pentax pancake prime's i hope so much to purchase.

Most reactions

Back