Do you take your dSLR everywhere?

I only carry my P&S with me when i go to work (not supose to and the P&S is easy to hide) But the A55 is in the car easy enough to get to if i need to. As far as walking the streets or going to the park with the family and such I take the A55.

My favorite pictures are almost always taken when I saw a composition and did not plan on it. So, I try to always have my DSLR with me. But I have a P&S backup that is with me like a wallet. On the way home from a business trip at the airport I was fortunate to capture a welcoming group for soldiers coming home of over 3,000 people. I pulled out my P&S and that shot made it to the paper. You never know.

I always take mine with me because on the off chance that I don't have it with me that's when I'll want to take a picture of something!

I attended a Canon Immersion seminar a few weeks ago and the instructor referred to this as the "UFO camera". The moment you don't bring a camera with you is when a UFO is bound to land in front of you. LOL.

I definitely need to start bringing the dSLR with me more. Like I said, I almost always have my P&S, but I think I lean on it as a crutch too much. I think "oh, I don't need to bring the 50D, I've got the S95". And then I end up with snapshots, when I should be practicing taking photographs.

I tend to bring my gear around with me wherever I go. Usually I dont take it to the office as I mainly jump in the bus and I take the same route back. I do have to say I've missed quite a few absolutely stunning sunsets as I didn't have the DSLR with me.

For a phone I use an iPhone 3Gs so it does have the capability of taking pictures.... just not always the best quality pictures.

Someone said you miss 100% of the shots you dont take.

I only take my dSLR with me when I'm traveling abroad. For some reason, I am less comfortable with taking my dSLR everywhere with me while I'm in my home city. I feel like it may be because I'm not so anonymous and am more aware of other people being aware of me having a camera. When I travel however, it's always strapped around my neck and I feel so much more comfortable just snapping away. Does anyone else feel this way?

I really only take mine when I think I am going somewhere that I would want to take photos (zoo, family functions, nature walks... etc.). I have been thinking about getting a decent p&s for this reason. I may indian give my wife's a650is, but I would probably have to buy her something to replace it. lol

I only take my dSLR with me when I'm traveling abroad. For some reason, I am less comfortable with taking my dSLR everywhere with me while I'm in my home city. I feel like it may be because I'm not so anonymous and am more aware of other people being aware of me having a camera. When I travel however, it's always strapped around my neck and I feel so much more comfortable just snapping away. Does anyone else feel this way?

I definitely understand this, if you are away you feel like a tourist and it should feel right to have a camera, but if you are at home it just feels kind of silly to take pictures of things that you see everyday. But I guess there are always new things or new events that may be of interest even in your home town. Besides I guess it's a good way to improve your photography.

Most reactions

Back