Do you think it was time at last....????

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
....to mow the lawn? ;)

13-07-05_Rasenunkraut3_wsz.jpg

I finally did it.
A photo like that can only be taken again in 2 weeks from now.
So don't suggest a re-shoot... an immediate one, I mean.
And whether I will let the grass grow this long again...???????

(This is just so I post a photo once again ... actually I have so many about me, I don't know where to begin and which to choose).

EVERYTHING's too late for what still calls itself "lawn" in our garden, only because it is a green sort of "carpet". It is so full of weeds (herbs, I would rather call them ;)), there's hardly any real and true GRASS left. But it is green - and blossoms at regular intervals. All sorts of lovely flowers are to be found in our "lawn" actually. I photographed another very nice one, but I had severe exposure problems with that photo, so - unless you expressly ask me to show it in this very thread - it can only appear in the Bloopers :(.

With that many white petals I wouldn't be suprised if there was exposure problems but it would be nice to see it as well!

My garden is very much a wildlife garden for all the insects and animals and I have a photograph of a "lost" sundial that only appears in winter!:lol:

Well, that little flower wasn't even white, but a ray of sunlight fell on it and my camera found that hard to deal with. Since you say you would like to see it, here goes:

13-07-05_Rasenblmchen_websize.jpg

Though those are not there any longer, either... Not for the next two weeks to come, that is ;)

I think this is very similar principle to ErnieHatt's "Light and Shadow" post! Aside for the exposure that we already know about it feels very warm and summery! Glad you decided to share it!

BTW your garden's on a slope, right? The horizons's off but the tree is still straight.

PlasticSpanner said:
..BTW your garden's on a slope, right? The horizons's off but the tree is still straight.

Now that you name it... you wouldn't realise it in "real life", but I checked with the cherry tree just now, and it is straight. So yes, the lawn, or the part that calls itself that, must be a slope. Funny to be seeing that only in a photo!

And that flower in the second photo actually surprised me much when I found it in amongst what little grass there is, but there still is some, for you can see blades of grass in the very picture. That flower is like nothing I had ever seen before and actually I am quite curious now as to what kind of flower that one could be....

Nice shot!!! Lol, your lawn looks like mine!! It's funny but when I call the gardener I tell him I would like the weeds mowed. They are mixed with some really beautiful wildflowers though too and I have a hard time letting those go so they are only allowed to mow to a certain spot!! I wish I knew what kind of flower that was too, it's very cool looking!! So the ladder is there for picking cherries???? : )

Raymond J Barlow said:
... no rain in months here!

Oh, thanks, you all for your comments.
And yes, I was lucky: I usually let it grow in hot summer weather as to make sure the short lawn won't dry off, but now it is raining bucketloads! So I had chosen the right moment to cut "the weeds" :).

Now it is much easier for Mia, the cat, to go on the prowl ;)

OnTheProwl.jpg

(Dang, it turned out a blooper, she was too fast crossing through the pre-set focus point I had set, something was really attractive then... must have been a bird or so ... this was inbetween two showers).

So the ladder is there for picking cherries???? : )
Exactly :D. But now they are all gone. Yum.

Most reactions

Back