Do you visit the websites making fun of "professionals"

I guess because I wasn't aware that selective coloring and piknik editing was still running rampant.
Didn't TPF have a Selective Coloring Monthly Challenge back last August ???

yup .. I remember it.

TPF should do it again for this month :)

selective coloring is the gift that keeps on giving, since like 1890.

I'm too busy failing to meet my own expectations to worry about how others are failing to meet theirs.

I'm too busy failing to meet my own expectations to worry about how others are failing to meet theirs.

They don't think they're failing to meet their expectations. They think they're exceeding them. :lol:

so it's true what they say about beautiful people then?

Apparently.

Emily, that sounds like terminal constipation, beautiful people or not. And if he's been like that since you married him.... :mrgreen:

Well that would certainly explain the moodiness. :biglaugh:

A lot of photographs are pretty funny, but yanap is a watchdog group tracking down amateur photographers from facebook who are using canon rebel and gimp. I would be very ticked off if they post one of my photographs to yanap.

I found this site (TPF) by following a comment on YANAP. And, I looked at your Flickr page. To make the main page at YANAP, you have to be taking portraits, head shots or weddings, for pay. And you have to be posting photos most people would consider substandard work. You have lots of panning photos with good exposure and a reasonably sharp subject. To get your work on YANAP's main page you would have to go out of your way to make and post a really bad photo on your commercial FB page -- which by doing it on purpose would disqualify the work.

A lot of photographs are pretty funny, but yanap is a watchdog group tracking down amateur photographers from facebook who are using canon rebel and gimp. I would be very ticked off if they post one of my photographs to yanap.

I found this site (TPF) by following a comment on YANAP. And, I looked at your Flickr page. To make the main page at YANAP, you have to be taking portraits, head shots or weddings, for pay. And you have to be posting photos most people would consider substandard work. You have lots of panning photos with good exposure and a reasonably sharp subject. To get your work on YANAP's main page you would have to go out of your way to make and post a really bad photo on your commercial FB page -- which by doing it on purpose would disqualify the work.

Shhh!!! Don't kill his dreams! ;)

Shhh!!! Don't kill his dreams! ;)

What?! I'm not qualify for Yanap! That means no Rassies Award, dang!

Wait, you seem to be suggesting that the images on your site are from PAID photographers?

Braineack, all photos on YANAP are from the online portfolios of "professional" photographers. So yes, someone paid for those images.

That's why I read, and enjoy YANAP. And Cake Wrecks (also all professional cake decorators, although plenty of grocery store bakeries). I also enjoy STFU Parents, and would probably laugh myself silly if a facebook post of mine ended up there (I've made some that are worthy, I'm sure).

If you're hanging out a shingle based on terrible workmanship, you sort of deserve to be embarrassed. I mean, they should be embarrassed already!

and here I am waiting to build skills/experience before I charge. Boy am I dumb. Plus I have the potential to getting featured on a great website!

Wait, you seem to be suggesting that the images on your site are from PAID photographers?

Not my site. I just hang out there, and other places. To qualify for the front page of YANAP, you are supposed to be a professional (that means PAID) photographer, with clients and everything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back