No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
City Park on Lake Agnes
66752_283086568499654_1275835519_n.jpg

Someone mentioned I should add a red ball to the photo down the walk, so here it is:

62404_283152218493089_964358067_n.jpg

Any thoughts?

It's look fine on the histogram in my copy of photoshop. Silly as this may sound, is your monitor calibrated well? Seems to be properly exposed on my end. I obviously could be wrong, perhaps someone will confirm one way or the other. Thanks for the view and comment. Very much appreciated.

$PhotoHistogram.jpg

EDIT: I do see all color channels spiking at the top of the histogram though...I'll work on it...

I KNOW THAT DOCK!!! Lived in Alex for 5 years and caught a lot of fish right there over lunch breaks. In fact, wrote an online article centered on that dock. Yes, it's a true story.

As far as technicalities, the image feels a little flat to me. But the personal memories make up for it.

Thanks for the image.

I KNOW THAT DOCK!!! Lived in Alex for 5 years and caught a lot of fish right there over lunch breaks. In fact, wrote an online article centered on that dock. Yes, it's a true story.

As far as technicalities, the image feels a little flat to me. But the personal memories make up for it.

Thanks for the image.

Thanks for the comment and link. I just recently moved there from Bemidji. Would you be able to elaborate on the flat feeling? I'd like to figure out how to avoid that with future shots. Sioux Falls, SD, huh? My buddy Chad lives there and my buddy Damon was born there. That town still have a Krispy Creme?

No, Krispy Crème was a flash in the pan here. Line of cars around the block when it opened, gone in under two years.

I'm not entirely sure on this shot. I think it might be a little cool. There's a great sky, but not much of it in the shot. No strong shadows that I would expect for early afternoon. And the end of the dock seems a little oof. I think I would like that crisp.

So what are you doing in Alex? If you are looking for good photo locations, make sure you hit Lake Carlos State Park north of town. Then head north, northwest towards Ottertail. Climb Inspiration Peak (state park) for some great vistas. On the west side of it is The Peak Restaurant. Don't know about now, but used to have great prime rib for a fair price, I think on Friday nights. Just south of there somewhere on a gravel road is a huge statue of Mary that can be interesting (despite the story presented at the site, the locals claim it was built as court-ordered penance for moonshining in the hills). Then go up to the town of Vining. Somebody in the area does some interesting sculpture. My favorite is the life-size elephant made entirely of lawnmower blades. Most of the statues are right on the main corner of town.

Loved the area (unfortunately my work situation put me in counseling). Hope you enjoy it up there!

Right on! I've rode past Inspiration Peak but we didn't have time to visit as we were headed to Battle Lake for a graduation of my friend's son. I did manage to make it to Phelps Mill and will ask my friends to bring me by those other places so I can check them out. Thanks a lot for the tips, that's kind of you. As for this photo, I had the lens set to infinite focus but I use old glass (well, well used ones in this case) and so most of the photos come out softer than most people would like. Perhaps at some point I'll have a nice full-frame with some more recent lenses. Thanks for that story as well you linked to. I read the whole thing and would recommend it as a read for any fisherman on this forum. I will also point some of my failbook friends to it as well.

I relocated to Alexandria to find work. I have a couple friends that moved down here from Bemidji a few years ago and I figured I'd come bother them for awhile. I enjoy it a tad but I live at the infamous Olsen Trailer Park. So yeah. As good as can be expected. I haven't been shot yet.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back