Dodge Challenger - Painted With Light!

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had the opportunity to do a really cool shoot with my friend and his Dodge Challenger.

It's a composite of three photos. One for the night sky in the country. One for the car without headlights on, and one for masking the headlights in.

Camera was set to bulb (which my friend held down) while I ran around with my Yongnuo 560IV and flashed white for the general fill and the front of the car, and flashed red using a color gel for the side of the car.

George's Car - Daryll Morgan Studios-1.jpg

I think it turned out pretty cool! Thoughts?

Yes, looks very cool. I like that you can see the night sky as a backdrop. Need a smoke machine next time

It did turn out pretty well. Two things that come to my mind about it. 1) you see light underneath the opposite side of the car but nothing in the back of the car. Would be nice to have continued that and popped the back of the car too. 2) My eyes go to the light on the ground in front of the car, as it is the brightest spot. I would be tempted to burn that area to help draw attention back to the car itself.

It did turn out pretty well. Two things that come to my mind about it. 1) you see light underneath the opposite side of the car but nothing in the back of the car. Would be nice to have continued that and popped the back of the car too. 2) My eyes go to the light on the ground in front of the car, as it is the brightest spot. I would be tempted to burn that area to help draw attention back to the car itself.

Thanks for the feedback. I did try a few where I lit the backside, but I just didn't think it looked as good. Maybe a matter of preference. I'm definitely gonna try burning that front area though - good catch!

I normally look at the photo before I read the story, just so I can get my initial reaction.

I kept thinking...why is the side of the car red? What kind of light is making it red? Should I buy a red car?

I see that you wanted it red and that is your preference, however I think the red is a distraction from the rest of the photo.

Just my opinion. I really like the idea and the execution. Great job!

Most reactions

Back