Does a photograph have to tell a story or convey a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait wait, is it "art" that I say must evoke some emotion? Or is it that every picture evokes emotion, and is therefore art? I can't keep track of what you imagine I have said any more, sorry.

You took the position that, to be "art", something must evoke emotion. Then you essentially took a position which says that creating a photo that did not evoke emotion was probably not possible. So, perhaps you should be the one who explains your position because, right now, you're not making a great deal of sense...

Steve5D: Provide quotes that back up your absurd remarks about what positions I have taken, or shut the **** up about what you think I have said, in future.

All: I request that you ignore any paraphrase Steve makes of what I have said, and instead read what I have actually said, if you care. He appears to be willfully misrepresenting my positions and statements, in order to make himself "correct" and me "wrong".

I think we can safely call this one done. It's pretty much devolved into a circular loop now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back