Does anybody use a tablet like this one for editing photos?

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are the tablets I'm referring to: wacom tablet| B&H Photo Video

I have heard they make PP much easier than using a mouse, for example.

Does anybody have / use one of these and find them worthwhile?

Do you need an expensive one to get your money's worth?

Thoughts?

Thanks for reading...

Yes, Yes and Yes. Tablets (especially Wacom) are a great tool for photo editing. Many people that I've talked to, actually prefer them as a mouse replacement for most things, but I only use mine for photo editing.

It's especially good for anything involve a type of brush tool. So cloning/healing in Lightroom or Photoshop, any sort of drawing or painting in Photoshop CS etc.

On of the best things about them, is they (the pens) are pressure sensitive and you can set that pressure to different variables like the size of the brush, or the flow, density etc.

I have a small one, I wish I had a larger one, although I don't know where I'd put it on my desk.

Thoughts?

Thanks for reading...

So, PP≠crap?

I use a bamboo tablet, made by wacom, I don't use it all the time but for more extensive work, it is very useful, took me a little bit of time to get used to it, but now I find it much more efficient than the computer mouse.

No but my wife and kids use a big tablet it's called windows 8:er:

On of the best things about them, is they (the pens) are pressure sensitive and you can set that pressure to different variables like the size of the brush, or the flow, density etc.

How does this work? So you set the sensitivity for "hard press" means the brush gets bigger and "soft press" and it gets smaller, etc? That has to take some getting used to I would think.

Thoughts?

Thanks for reading...

So, PP≠crap?

Misquote. :er:

Try this next time... :taped sh:

Not an attempt at a quote - just a question inspired by the one you posed in your other thread

So, PP≠crap?

Misquote. :er:

Try this next time... :taped sh:

Not an attempt at a quote - just a question inspired by the one you posed in your other thread

Just hazing you. :mrgreen: I think PP is fine. My only point was the less you have to crop, the better your image is likely to be because (1) you will probably spend more time composing and (2) when you crop you magnify bad pixels or OOF portions of the photo. That's all.

How does this work? So you set the sensitivity for "hard press" means the brush gets bigger and "soft press" and it gets smaller, etc? That has to take some getting used to I would think.
Essentially yes. That is actually how they are set up by default. a light press makes the brush smaller, regular pressure gives you the full size brush. Personally, I couldn't imagine working without one. I use the tablet for everything, even surfing the web. I've even been tempted to trade in my Intuos 3 for the new 5 just to be able to put the buttons on the right side of the tablet (I'm a lefty).

One really cool thing about being a lefty and using a tablet; you can use the pen and the mouse at the same time. This makes brush work in Lr super fast as I can use the scroll wheel on the mouse to adjust the brush size as I'm using the brush. :)

It's pretty intuitive. It's sort of like drawing with a soft felt tip pen, or maybe even a paint brush. If you are drawing a line, the harder you press, the wider the line gets. And for those of us who are older than 25 or 30, holding a pen is still probably more natural feeling than using a mouse.

I've never felt comfortable enough to completely replace my mouse. Mostly because I have a small 'Bamboo' tablet that is just too small and also because as a CAD designer, I use a mouse all day and a pen starts to feel weird.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back