does anyone believe a life-shattering event can help you with your photography?

gumball513

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
last year i had some incidents and you know before that i was pretty good but geeze i have had some staggering pictures that make you step back and think "holy crap". Does anyone else think these events give you different viewpoints and life and make your work even better?

I would think that any strong emotional content in your life can become a catalyst for artistic growth. So yea !

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

You can't talk about "holy crap" photos without sharing them--no fair!

I don't know if one event could just change the quality of all the person's photos to come. (Maybe it could, I guess). For me it took going to Iraq and taking pictures in my spare time to realize that I absolutely love photojournalism. Not that it made me awesome. Just that I like it a lot.

They can change your work and how you see things, but for better or worse is up to you and your audience.

An earth-shattering event? Well, getting married and leaning to think 'we' instead of 'me' caused me to re-think the importance of expensive gear. I found that great composition, even if shot with a 'throwaway' camera, can overcome a lack of $$$.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back