Does anyone else 'not' mind noise?

I don't mind noise as long as it is monochromatic. The pinkish chroma noise created by point&shoots however is simply ugly in every way possible. Neat Image does a pretty good job getting rid of some/most of the noise in images. When I feel like adding some noise, I prefer to do it with a filter in Photoshop, the result looks much more like the actual grain.

I don't mind noise as long as it is monochromatic. The pinkish chroma noise created by point&shoots however is simply ugly in every way possible. Neat Image does a pretty good job getting rid of some/most of the noise in images. When I feel like adding some noise, I prefer to do it with a filter in Photoshop, the result looks much more like the actual grain.

There is a photoshop "film grain" filter, atleast I assume there is as I have it and use it in illustrator.

If you are more interested in looking to see whether the image is noisy/grainy than looking at the image itself then it is either a crap image or you need to re-evaluate why you are interested in Photography ;)

To be honest there are times when grain/noise is intrusive and bloody annoying, and others where it doesn't matter. It all depends on the purpose of the image.

Most reactions

Back