Does anyone have a Tamron 18-400 lens..just want to hear about it

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Photo Lady, Feb 6, 2018.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I own the 150-600 g2, but this lens had intrigued me since I saw it for the times I go out and can't decide on a lens such as children's school events, the odd sports event where I don't know the setting, family gatherings, etc. You have wide angle and telephoto in one. I have a 24mm, 50mm, 18-55, 55-250 and the 150-600 G2. That would cover most everything, but how good can a one lens do all really be...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Photo Lady

Photo Lady No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    thank you ..i will look into this lens and the other ones you mention.. i know it might not be the ultimate in all photos.. for all things but i just want one that is an improvement to the one i use daily ...thanks again

3. Cortian

Cortian No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    @Photo Lady, The 150-600 is quite a large lens, and double the cost of the 18-400. It is not a "knock-about lens" like the 18-400.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Photo Lady

Photos OK to edit
    good to know this...thank you..

5. Photo Lady

Photos OK to edit

well i purchased the 18- 400 and i am very pleased , i needed a all in one lens and this one does it all with finer photos then i had with the 18-270 simply because this is a brand new crystal clear lens.. it is lighter in weight.. as is the D7500 camera.. I understand completely what all of you explained about this lens..but in the end this was the lens that was right for me so i would not have to constantly change lens from work to hobby..I am loving my new camera.. although i loved the D7100 too.. And i am happy to say a very nice guy bought it and wrote me that he was totally satisfied withhis purchase.. I sent it to Nikon for a tune up and also had the pop up flash repaired.. came back like new/ thanks again everyone

• Like Like x 1