Does anyone here use tablets for graphics editing?

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't heard much of anything regarding any brand but Wacom. I am a member a graphic design forum too and the only brand ever recommended was Wacom.

Alia said:
everyone i know uses wacom--might just be biased, but i love it!! If I were you, and you don't mind paying over $100 for one I would try the Wacom Graphire3 4x5 Graphics Tablet
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...&sku_id=0665000FS10037332&catid=&newdeptid=18

thats the one I use and it is wonderful....but check out HAvocs post and I'm sure you'll find it cheaper than at future shop...

Hehe, I ended up going another way with the money for this. I ended up getting a 256mb XD card for my digital camera. Now I dont need to worry about running out of space. Between this one and my other 3 cards I got 400mb's of memory even, hehe. The 256mb one will take 1995 or so pictures on 0.3mp, hehe, and around 432 around 3mp. :0).

I did see a tablet some where for $10, hehe, odds are it will only do a fraction of waht I want, but its tempting. :0). Better than nothing.

I have the Intuos 2 6x9 I think. If I were doing it again I would probably go with the 4x5 the 6x9 is overkill

steve, so the 4 x 5 is definitely enough space to work with?

is there a huge learning curve involved as far as getting used to working with the pen instead of a mouse?

thanks,

sean

For photo editing the 4x5 would be plenty. If you have the cash and the extra space on your desk top go for the bigger one. But trust me you don't need it. Keep in mind though, that in addition to the tablet surface there is also about a three inch border around it.

I checked mine and it's 6x8 on the tablet surface, but the overall size is 10.2x13.5

As far as the learning curve, there is almost none. I use my pen tool probably more than the mouse that came with it.

The size of the tablet you need is the size that suits your style. If large strokes are your thing, than a larger one is better. Now I would love a Cintiq :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back