Does anyone know how to get this effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzeutenh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I absolutely love the wedding photos this photographer turns out, and one thing I love about them is that they all seem to have this sort of hazy, usually warm tone to them! Even the black and whites. I've been doing some experimenting on Photoshop CS5 with my own RAW images, but no matter what I do I just can't seem to effectively capture that tone or whatever it is and I think it really adds a lot of romance to the pictures. I've tried messing with the saturation, the exposure, offset and gamma correction, I've tried adding filters like a warm filter or a sepia filter and nothing seems right, and maybe I'm just not getting the right combination, but could anyone help me understand how they are doing this post processing?? Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to me like nothing more than the slightly desaturated, slightly over-exposed look that is popular right now. I'm sure each photographer that does this deliberately has their own formula, but dropping the saturation slightly, increasing the exposure slightly, going to a warmer WB, and increasing the yellows by a tad should put you in the ballpark.

Looks like something that could be acheived with the LucisArt plugin too.

Last edited:
Looks like your right Bazooka. Ell will probably get a few hits from here but it always amazes me how short sighted people are when it comes to trying to promote their sites.
I have tried all kinds of things to get my guitar site seen, (apart from spamming forums) and I've found the only thing that works is give people decent content and a reason to return.
Each to their own.

Yay, another facebook "pro" doing an advert for himself! :)

*Thread locked* please don't repost the same thread in multiple subsections of the site.

In addition in order to address the allegations by some that this might be spam post I've removed the links and replaced them (in the other unlocked thread) with a direct link to the photo example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back