does anyone like this

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
as children we used to pass through this tunnel to get from one side of the tracks to the other at the union station in alexandria. did i capture a sense of the past with this treatment? what may i have done differently compositionly or treatment wise?

15723343-L.jpg

...and this one; cropped too much?

15723757-L.jpg

In the first one I love the mood you've created, but I really want to see the stairs for some reason. Maybe for some more perspective? Not sure why, but that's the first thought that came to mind.

The second I like very much as well. Might be a little tight on the righthand side, do you have any where the full dormers on the roof are shown? I really like the lines in this one.

on the first one I'm with Alison in that I'd like to see the stairs as well ... I think it would help create the 'reminiscant' feeling you're looking for by leading the viewers eyes down and through ... you could almost imagine lone footsteps out with the rest of the mood you've created the second one might be cropped a little tightly ... the dormers in the top would be nice

great work as usual though :mrgreen:

I like the bottom shot, but the top one is a little infuriating because I WANT TO SEE THE STAIRS!! I'd personally say make it a vertical shot and lose the wasted space on the LHS of the shot. Good detail in both, f22 shot?

4.5 actually. RAW settings.

thanks all! i will head over and try this again.

I would like to see #1 will all the stairs and one with just the bottom few, not sure which way would be a stronger photo.

Maybe #2 is cropped a little too much on the top, but I love the way you capture "lines" that run through your photos. :thumbsup:

Second pic - If you still have the RAW file, I would change the color balance. Not so keen about that yellowish tone.

I would say that you are on to some thing in the first frame. The light sources at the top of the frame are distracting to me. You have captured the mood. The hand rails seem key to bringing me into the creepy hallway. Next time try making them more prominent in the shot.

The second photo could use a tungsten white balance. Again, the light sources are creating distracting specular highlights. A slight step to the left could hide them behind the supporting posts. The women in the frame is sort of interesting. Did you get some shots of her? People waiting for the train is something I have never been brave enough to photograph. I think it would make a great photo essay.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back