Does anyone own a Cornu Week-End Bob Camera?

A8CACDB6-F517-4067-80D9-C84194566139.jpeg
OK. Made a half case yesterday! This widens the camera about 1/2” and rounds off all those sharp pointy corners. Put on a good quality Leica strap. NOW.... I’m ready. This Cornu is in the lead for “#1 Camera”. I think it’s the “one” I’ll really strive to befriend and get to know exactly how it handles a “go to” film and developer combo. That’s the trouble with being more a collector than shooter and Not getting to really get to really know each specific piece and how to get the best from it.

Last edited:
Thanks So Much for this information! Curious...how does the fr 7,290, adjusted for inflation, translate to USD current? ••. I’m VERY impressed with this camera. It’s a candidate for being my prime used “grab” camera. Today I’m making a compact half case for it.

At the time of release of this camera, in Paris, you had to spend 6.67 Francs to buy one kilogram of bread. This camera was rather expansive !

Ok, rough and dirty $36 USD (1945) calculates to $660 today. Sounds about right. (Based on loaf of bread at 13 cents in 1945 USA )

F1C650D7-0CBF-4C1D-A6D9-8C7A2A79F17C.jpeg
Awwwwwww.......So Sweet, The Ansco Automatic Reflex took an instant liking to the Ontobloc!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back