Does anyone use Portrait Professional?

trcapro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I use an older version, probably about 3 years old or so. I was wondering is anyone uses a newer or the newest version and what it might have to offer compared to what i have now if I decide to upgrade.

I have version 10.
I use it very occasionally and it does a surprisingly effective job but inevitably the photos look a bit 'worked' for my taste.

Lew

I've been using version 9 for a while (well, when I sporadically shoot models). Unfortunately that's the only version I've used, so I can't comment on what it may offer above and beyond what you have (I suspect the Portrait Professional site would do as decent a job as I could).

I have version 10.
I use it very occasionally and it does a surprisingly effective job but inevitably the photos look a bit 'worked' for my taste.

Lew

Lew, I haven't seen your work or know your workflow, but I do know that you can control how processed the results look by using the sliders to dialing down the suggested modifications. It's true that if you leave all the defaults in place you may end up with a noticeably altered physicality, or plastic looking skin, but you can selectively turn down or even omit specific changes.

The newer versions allow work on child portraits, and have more sensitive slider controls now. I went from 9 to 10 and it was a big difference. I adjust the sliders to taste depending on the needs of the portrait. To me it saves the multiple layers needed in ps and the time also.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back